Day six

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi everyone , day six today. Had a bad tummy ache all night , went to the loo this morning and I think I need to find out from nurse tomorrow how to stop the loose poo. 

So stitches out tomorrow ... I have had the wounds covered but I expect I will be told to leave them off after stitches come out , sounds daft but it worries me. 

Plus I havnt been able to wear a bra since the op as I wear wired ones and it presses on the wound just below my breasts and I noticed last night I have an awful big sore patch under my breast ... Skin on skin  so sore so having to treat that now. 

Still I feel better than I did before the op so that's a great thing just need to sort tummy now. Xxxxx

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Gilly!  Sorry your starting to have a bad tummy!  Hope you manage to get things sorted soon, so you can start to get back to some kind of normality.  Good luck, and keep us posted.  Val.
  • Posted

Hi gillypoo am sorry to hear that. You could try imodium or psyllium husks are a natural alternative which could help. Remember this is normal. You have altered the digestive process and it takes time to adjust. Stick to the low fat foods for now to give you body time to adjust. Hope you feel better soon. X
  • Posted

I got the sore patch just below breast too. Found germolene helped as it has little anaesthetic in it to numb... But I found out it's a reaction to the glue they use to stitch you up with ...it went off as the glue disappeared ..ask the nurse about it she may have something better to use than germolene lol 
    • Posted

Hi Sally I had stitches , it's right under my breast like a sweat rash , and as I have big boobs it's skin on skin. Causing sweat. I've managed to put my bra on carefully don't know how long I can bear it on but I will give it a go. I bathed the area and put on talc that stops you sweating so will be ok. On the good side ...... Just weighed myself I've lost five pounds !!!!!!!!!!  So eating healthy is doing me good. Xxx
    • Posted

I get rashes under my breasts on occasion. I clean it well and put polysporin on it and it clears up in 24 hours. For the loose stools I would recommend magnesium and calcium supplements. Best of luck.
  • Posted

I went for my pre op this morning (operation next week). The nurse did warn me that stools may be loose for a bit and not to worry about it.

Hope this settles down.

Sarah

• Posted

I had to wear a sport bra for awhile. You do not need anything on that scar that will irritate.Glad you are doing better after op! Keep us posted!
  • Posted

hi gillypoo

glad you are coming on so well after your op,hope they find something that will help your poor tummy,seems to be the norm after gb op.

all the best

keep in touch

• Posted

Day 7 ...... Tummy gurgling all night and felt so uncomfortable then got up and diarrea 😣. Seeing the nurse for my stitches out today so will see what she says. Thought I was going yo be ok as I felt so great at first just shows you. I've looked on the Webb to find some advice as to my diet from now on but its all so conflicting , one says don't eat broccoli another says yes and this to a lot of other things too .... Why is it so hard to get decent information in the UK ? Sorry for the bad post today hope everyone is ok xxxx
    • Posted

Am sorry to hear this gillypoo. But this is normal. It's the build up of the bile in your system overnight. This should settle itself over the next few days/weeks. Broccoli is definitely a no no as its one of the hardest foods to digest. Also keep away from lettuce as also hard to digest and cabbage too. Some hospitals give a diet sheet. I didn't get one and was told I could eat normally!! Just stick to low fat for now and you will be fine. Good luck with the nurse today. Take care. Xx
    • Posted

Lettuce? God I've had it most days !!! Need to  Research this. I was told eat normally too. But I knew I had to be careful and as far as I know I have but have had salads .... Lettuce radishes tomatoes cucumber no dressing  thanks for your reply and advice  xxxxxxx
    • Posted

Cut all them out for now. Definitely won't be helping the diarrhea. Avoid dairy as much as possible too. Stick to low fat low fibre foods. Good luck. X
    • Posted

Ok thank you will go careful for a while while I look stuff up. All you ladies have been so helpful xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.