Daytime anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've suffered with social anxiety for 10 years (apart from a 9 month bout of agoraphobia I have managed it ok) and more recently for the last 5 months it has become generalised anxiety. This is giving me constant physical symptoms which I'm struggling with but doc has upped my meds in the last few days so I'm hoping for some relief soon. 

Mornings and during the day im ALWAYS at the worst, some evenings I find it lifts and I feel 90% I go to bed thinking yeah I'm getting better, then POW there it is again in the morning! Does anyone else find this? X

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I get the exact same thing. My heart palpitates on and off during the day and some mornings I wake up in a panic, some nights I go to sleep in a panic. And there are some days/nights that I feel fine and I say to myself at last I'm getting better but the palpitations and all the fear hits me again at night time. And sometimes prevents me from sleeping. I've been out on Citalopram 20mg, I've just started so I don't know if it'll work or not. But many people who have had anxiety told me that it works. 
    • Posted

It definetly works. For me it was 4 weeks before I started feeling true postive beniefits - I'm now into week 6 coming up to week 7 and feel great. x
    • Posted

There is a group on Facebook. It is called "Anxiety, Depression and Panic attack support" with 6,000 members. You can join and everyone there either have had or have anxiety and will support you all the way. I'm on there myself and my name is Hadi Artist on Facebook. 
    • Posted

Hadi I'm a member of that Facebook group smile 

i also started one of my own a week ago. It has 24 members now woo woo.

• Posted

I get this, mine is mainly in the morning though when I first wake up. I can't lie in I feel once I'm awake I need to just get up as I'm anxious. I'm feeling a little anxious now but that's because I'm thinking and typing about it wink x
  • Posted

Kat my anxiety and depression is bad in the morning. My old med made it worse but I seem to be settling a little after 3 week on my new ones. It does take a bit of time trying to find a med that suits and it takes a little bit of time to feel the results. We are all different. Some people hit the jackpot with the first med they try and feel the benefits quickly. Me,I'm more a slow burner...think it's Gods way of showing me patience(I don't have much) lol It usually takes a while for me to start having good days......I am at the minute having days where I cope better but nothing yet that I can shout from the rooftops xxx
  • Posted

Mine seems to be worse in the morning also.. My health anxiety thinking everything is wrong but I know its anxiety.. I take ativan which helps a lot but thinking I may need a SSRI ?!? I dislike feeling this way.. 😕
  • Posted

Hi Kat,

I'm much the same, the mornings are awful but usually by bedtime I feel reasonable. I haven't given up hoping it will be ok the next day but it never is. This evening isn't running to plan. I did two afternoons of voluntary work (not been for ages) and when I got home about 18.00 I was so stressed and climbing the walls that I took 1.25mgs of oxazepam and fell asleep on the couch. I guess it gets worse when I am tired. I really am getting very fed up of being like this it has been a long time for me. 

What meds. do you take? I hope the higher dose starts working for you.

take care

S.

• Posted

I take venlafaxine, it's been very good so far so I'm hoping the increased dose continues to give me good results. I started counselling today so hoping that's going to help get well on the road to recovery smile Positive thinking is defo the key but it's so hard when anxiety levels are so high :o x
    • Posted

It is. Your anxious mind totally contradicts your calm rational mind.

I was told yesterday that I am being put forward for intense physcotherapy so hopefully this will help me through this episode and prevent future ones.

idk maybe,just maybe xx

• Posted

That's great that you're going to be getting some help. What does intense psychotherapy entail? X 
    • Posted

I have no idea lol I think it may be CBT or something like that.

The intense part I think would mean I would see my therapist for 3 days a week for say 3 hours.

So maybe..Monday 3 hours

Tuesday 3 hours

Wednesday 3 hours 

where normally you would probably just see them for 1 day a week for a hour xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.