Dead weight

Posted , 9 users are following.

My leg feels like a dead weight in bed. How long more does this contine for. Will I ever forget it again and just get on with my life? 10 weeks post op today.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mary,

Your in pain and feeling alone. How sad. Reach out to good neighbors, friends, and anybody you know.If you belong to a church, give them a call and tell them you need some emotional support. I truly believe your state of mind helps in the recovery process. Your going thru a tough time.With time your going to feel stronger and better. Hang in there and draw from your inner strenght

Best thoughts to you,

Trudi D

• Posted

Thankyou Trudi

I will take your advice.

I do have a daughter and granddaughter but there's little care or emotional support there.

I am a Catholic and I will go to Mass this morning- it does help me - sometimes I feel like I've pulled a muscle at the back of my leg because of this involuntary stretching which I suppose is like a cramp.

The idea was I would have my knee done and then try and meet somebody but that seems to be a far off prospect at the moment.

• Posted

Hi Mary, oh you poor thing. It is early days yet and it is a long road to recovery.

When you are feeling lonely, post on here. There are

lots of people who will give advice and support. It must be hard to be on your own. I know

how hard it was and I had my husband with me. Keep your chin up and keep moving. Wishing you all the best, Susan x

• Posted

Thankyou Susan

I am now in the process of getting myself along with my weighty knee to the bathroom at I have a shower and get myself out there- as you say chin up and keep moving. It makes me cry to think people care.

Thankyou so much xxx

• Posted

Hi Mary. Sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time of it. Try to remain positive and remember every day is a day closer to recovery. Having a strong faith of any kind is a great help. This forum is great with positive help and advise and support. Wishing you a full recovery, hugs and love. Tracy
  • Posted

It does get better I am 13 months post op and most days I forget about it have no pain I have just had the other one done 4 weeks ago and if this one is as good will be very happy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.