Deaf in left ear Partial in right

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was starting a sinus infection, runny eyes, pounding headach. Woke up

2/17/16 with ears plugged around 12:30 am. Got a glss of water thinking that would help my ears pop. Did not work so went back to bed. Woke up

and still the same. Called gp & went in sinus infection & double ear

infection. No hearing in left ear Partial in right. She sent me home with an antibiotic. Said If not better Friday to come back in.

Went back Friday, ears no longer have fluid & no longer red. So I said then why can i not hear?? She said you need to be patient. I said I can not hear,

so she said front desk will set up a appointment with ENT.

ENT appointment on 2/25/16. Told him everything I told gp. He also said my ears were clear & I stressed to him then why CAN I NOT hear out of my

left & partial on my right. He said I probably have a virus and it will take some time. I said how long, he sais two weeks, months or never!!! He said to go off antibiotic, He put me on long dose of steroids & nose spray. The front desk will set you up appointment with the Hearing Cener see you in 2

weeks.

Hearing Center got mr right in. Go there explain again what is going on.

Did test & she said I am DEAF in my left ear & only partial in my right. 30%

chance of getting my hearing back!! This is really scary.

Still have pounding headach, left ear rings & right ear is supper sensitive.

Cant stand to be out of house. The noice drives me crazy.

Anyone else having this problem? This is the first for me.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had a bad ear infection 10yrs ago which has left me partially deaf in my right ear, since last october i have been having pain and ringing in the same ear so i am seeing ENT tomorrow to see what ithappening. I know how you feel, i am getting very frustrated as there is no infection but i have pain and a feeling off pressure in my ear. Hope you go on ok
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

It is very frustrating. I am getting worse. I still feel like I have a BAD sinus infection. Horrible headache. Ears have alot of

pressure, My neck, wrists, knees & anckles ache. I am about

ready to loose it. On top of not being able to sleep. Woke up @ 4:00 am so tired but can't sleep due to the pain. Calling Docs to get in for more testing. I can not live like this.

I wll keep you posted. I hope you get some answers!! Good luck I feel your pain.

• Posted

Hi sue,

10 Years?? It never went away?? I do nt have pain, but ringing in deaf ear & partial in right. How are you out in public? I hate to go out now.

Sounds like some one is right behind me, but they are not & only hear

mumbling sounds. The cart at groc store even drives me crazy. I go back to ENT March 10th. Maybe I need the cat & mri scanlike everyone has had done & go from there.

Good luck to you keep me posted & I will for sure let me know what

happens on my end.

Just posted this & am curious of how many have

this problem & see if we can all help each other.

• Posted

I hv sudden sensorineural earing loss. I am deaf on my right ear and decrease hearing in left also suffer from ear and head pressure. 8 am suffering also 8 mths .no results until now
    • Posted

Sheetha,

I am so sorry for all of us going through this. I just hope we

can come across some one who can help us.

I am posting on my discussion, to follow up on everyone. Keep me up on your issues. I will write to all of you at once, as I

compile info on mine.

Good luck

• Posted

This sounds similar to what I had both ears deaf left one worse than right one I could hear with an aid in my right but still nothing in my left  with aid , sorry to say this happened over a year ago and now I've had to have a implant fitted in my head as I keep getting infections in my ears and without my aid I could not hear a god dam thing , nobody seemed to care at ent or the doctors I was there every week for over 6 month telling them .and they keep treating me for sinus infections , I use to believe in the doctors and hospital ,but not any more xx you keep kicking up a fuss and get it sorted .i left it to late as I lost 90 per cent in one ear and 70 in the other all down to neglect on there part.   your just a number to them X good luck x
    • Posted

Rachele,

I am so sorry. I feel like they are just blowing this off. I am

beyond crazy.

Are you able to work? I was let go due to the

fact that My boss is a screamer & I confrunted him witch he did not like. Went to the Office Manager & was TERMINATED

after my shift. He was very verbally abusive to everyone even his Wife. Can't say I miss it.

I heard stress has a lot to due with this situation. So hopefull

we can get answers.

Good luck & I will keep everyone posted as I hopefully get

answers.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are going through so much .I can't hear on my right my left gets blocked I can feel so terrible it feels.in noisy place I can't hear the people talking that makes me fusrated
    • Posted

Hi Lisa I have to work or I would go mad and turn into a recluse ... But I did try changing my job witch I only lasted a month as I could not hear a bloody thing ..I could get very depressed but I try and just get on with it ,I have a bar ha fitted now witch is good as I don't get May ear infections any more ,but they still have to be suringed ever 6 weeks as I have skin build up in there ,it sounds discus tin I know . but I'm so mad with my doctors for not treating me properly in the first case .but there s nothing I can do about it .luckly I was able to have this fitted as I suffer from tinnitus too and with no sound going in my ears the tinnitus seems 10 times worse X I hope they can do something for you .

take care x

• Posted

Mine as only been 3 weeks, but feels like years. Do any of you have

pounding headaches? My hands arm & legs tingle.

I am so misrable I cant even stand myself.

I also can not stand to go out. Hate the noice & Can not hear good

enough. I go back to ENT Thursday. So he better give me answers.

Good luck everyone. I will keep you all posted.

• Posted

Yes I had pins and needles on my hands the drs diagnosed me as anxiety put me on medication .after took the medication only three weeks .I started exercise and I felt better.i know how it feels there were days I wanted to end everything.i told myself I will fight on ....so pls don't give up fight keep me updated
    • Posted

Hi Sheetha,

I am trying not to give up. Still waiting for ins to cover an MRI I

went to ENT for 3rd time. I have been on anxiety med for over 8

yrs, have been going threw metopause on top of all this.

feed up. To the docts cant tell you how many times. Either doct tells me sinus inf & double ear inf or ears are clear. Driving me

crazy.

Can't eat or sleep. Either migraines or knee feels like mussel or

tenants are being riped off my knee, just lie on couch and it

aches. Might have to go to ER so i can at least walk. Frustrated.How are you?

• Posted

I still suffer from the head pressure but hv sated working I tell myself either I fight or I am going down hill...decided working takes my mind 9ff my problem
    • Posted

i never had any of the above just that my ears stopped working one day . Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.