Deaf in left ear Partial in right

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was starting a sinus infection, runny eyes, pounding headach. Woke up

2/17/16 with ears plugged around 12:30 am. Got a glss of water thinking that would help my ears pop. Did not work so went back to bed. Woke up

and still the same. Called gp & went in sinus infection & double ear

infection. No hearing in left ear Partial in right. She sent me home with an antibiotic. Said If not better Friday to come back in.

Went back Friday, ears no longer have fluid & no longer red. So I said then why can i not hear?? She said you need to be patient. I said I can not hear,

so she said front desk will set up a appointment with ENT.

ENT appointment on 2/25/16. Told him everything I told gp. He also said my ears were clear & I stressed to him then why CAN I NOT hear out of my

left & partial on my right. He said I probably have a virus and it will take some time. I said how long, he sais two weeks, months or never!!! He said to go off antibiotic, He put me on long dose of steroids & nose spray. The front desk will set you up appointment with the Hearing Cener see you in 2

weeks.

Hearing Center got mr right in. Go there explain again what is going on.

Did test & she said I am DEAF in my left ear & only partial in my right. 30%

chance of getting my hearing back!! This is really scary.

Still have pounding headach, left ear rings & right ear is supper sensitive.

Cant stand to be out of house. The noice drives me crazy.

Anyone else having this problem? This is the first for me.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Woke up one morning completely blocked,both ears. A month and a half later ,constant pressure ,loss of hearing and unblanced conditions persist. Anxiety waking up semi deaf has been difficult.I have gone through Hell over the past month. Cortisone spray was prescribed.I also have a very difficult time in public indoor areas. The sound is distorted and the walls tend to close in around you. Im back to work April 4th, oof ,its going to be difficult.I work in retail. We can only pray. I can feel what youre going through. Ill keep you posted.
  • Posted

Last year,  the same  thing happened to me. Now I have a Baha implant and I still can’t hear and I’m scared that one day I will go totally deaf. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.