dealing with the palpitations

Posted , 7 users are following.

With having peri menopause how long does it take to come over the symptoms of the Heart palpitations. They do scare me at times can some one please let me know. I know my heart is okay but why do i have to have these palpitations then I get so tired like I have the flu and I'm so worn out please help

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get these too Susan, they've worn me out. I'm due to see a cardiologist but a 72 HR tape has shown nothing other than ectopic heartbeats with occasional svt. I get them from day 10 to the day I start my period.  However someone told me to try omega fish oil as this is good for the heart and circulation. This seems to have helped a little along with iron supplement and b vitamins. I get them worse if I'm tired so by a Friday I can feel quite poorly. 
    • Posted

Guys, I hate to be a wet blanket, but when my heart was acting crazy, I took all people recommended, fish oil, vitamins (I was tested for vitamin D and I was lacking it), ate even better (I am already a picky eater), exercised more (that was the best recommendation, ever) and despite that, I did not feel any huge difference.  Only time made things better, and I do believe it is that we need to learn, give time to our bodies to adapt.  Of course, all the other good stuff, like fish oil and vitamins (if needed) will make diference on the long run, but they won't make magic :S.  Other thing I learned, hear your body...  Have you never felt craving for beets, or for avocado?!  That is your body asking for a certain vitamin...

• Posted

Hi Bella

your spot on there, I take Vit D supplements as we can lack D during meno

plus bone health needs a vit D boost too

Natecal is what i take and my Doc said this to take Calcium and Vit D as soon as peri began.. Natecal contains both D and Calcium..and still do post meno..

also i take Chelated Magnesium, and same thing, if you find yourself craving chocolate, you may need magnesium supplements ..

i totally relate to what you say, its spot on

jay x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to start a vitamin b6 tomorrow to see how it makes me feel. I'm also on Vitamin d because that was low last year. 

I had trouble coping with the paplitations it seems to throw me into anxieties lately. I was anxious most of the night tonight i felt like I was going to pass out 

• Posted

I'm with u on this sad try omega cod liver oil, it seems to be good! Oh and I also keep a Bach rescue remedy handy at all times x
  • Posted

Jay, I bought a magnesium supplement with calcium and zinc, is this any good? I also use a spray at night x
    • Posted

Hi mazza

depends what type of magnesium you bought, Magnesium Citrate, and Magnesium Oxide, have a laxative effect on the gut and can make you run to the loo in the morning .. ( also did this to me I had to change) 

Chelated Magnesium doesnt not do this .. So I take chelated magnesium Bisgylcinate tablets, I also use the spray from time to time, in the arch of my back as I have a back issue that plays up, magnesium oil spray is also used for pain, and sports injury etc .. Very good ... And transdermal, so is absorbed through the skin.

Zinc, i wont take personally..

Calcium and Vit D is a must for peri meno and post meno, my doc told me to take this 10 yeats ago and still do... I take the Natecal type as its the two in one, chewable ..

jay x

• Posted

It's magnesium oxide in tablet form. I have the sulphate for sleep. Hmmm. I think perhaps I may be taking too much. Currently taking omega 3 fish oils, menopace which contains loads of nutrients. I thought zinc was good for skin? I get so confused just want the old me back. Oh I occasionally take feroglobin b12 with vit c x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.