Decided today I am going to stop

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have just come back from a weekend visiting family, and was so upset that i had to much to drink on Saturday night leaving me hungover and depressed. Its just not worth it. I guess i wanted somewhere i could write this down and take that first step

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi LucySummer. I know how you feel. I've decided to quit alcohol more than 2 weeks ago ,after a few attempts . I used to hurt ( verbally) my family,friends while I was drunk and I hated that when I got sober. Plus the guilt, feeling miserable,depressed,anxious. Couldn't take it anymore so I am sober now. Each day is a battle: physically and mentally ,but the fact that I know that will be better is making me to continue in this way. You can do it, Lucy! And well done for stopping drinking alcohol.

Plenty water,multivitamins, have a rest when you feel drained, fresh air and good nutrition. Because you'll need it. Your body and your brain needs all the help .

• Posted

Good advice to go sober. Never easy but so many benefits since no guilt, feeling great and actually remembering everything you did yesterday is also worth it. How are you keeping? Robin

• Posted

I am on the good track, Robin. I know that . I've just need to keep going and have patience, because I know : is a long road .

I cut the craving, having a healthy breakfast in the morning, instead drinking, and getting plenty water. I am on multivitamins as well ( B complex, Magnesium, Omega 3 Fish Oil Plus Cod Oil). Plus 2-3 times I am running in the park. Even when I was drinking, I found time for jogging ( I used to be a "sporty" since I was a child, quite good one: I played tennis, handball and football 😃 ). I guess it's something which could be called : addiction 😃 in a good way.

I won't lie : the desire is still in my mind, the headaches ( in the mornings are worst ), the stomach, upper back sometimes still in pain, the bowel movements still irregular ( different types), sometimes bloated and the blood pressure up and down ( getting better since a few days ago ). But I am aware that are the symptoms of the withdrawal. I've abused my body and my mind drinking a lot of beer ( nothing else - just beer ) for the last 4 years and I am conscious about that . My liver needs time to heal. My brain and my soul too. I need time to forget myself .

But, I like the person who I am now, instead the person who I was 3 weeks ago. I feel so ashamed and I've realised that I wasted a lot of good time, you know... I guess my family, my friends and my co-workers like me more 😃. Because I was so acid, so sarcastic with them . Used to tell them the truth, though no lies, just the cruel truth if something was bothering me while I was sober. And BANG...exploded when I was drunk.

Enough about me, I hope you are well, doing well and thank you for the encouraging . I really appreciate it !

And for who's reading that : keep fighting. The better of you is there. Believe it !!!! You can do it !

• Posted

Fantastic dedication and what honesty. U r already achieving 100% more than one month ago. You are already now becoming an inspiration to us all with such a long honest and strong reply. Keep trying. Regards Robin

• Posted

Thank you Florys1 , and good luck to you too! The lack of anxiety and worry etc far out weighs any time drinking, just not worth it - and feeling great without the worry. Good tip about the running - i find that helps too. All the best XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.