Deemovate

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been using dermovate for a week and i am in excruciating pain. Even to tbe extent oc going to the loo for a wee.. Now it is burning too much has anyone else had this

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Go back to your doctor...maybe the cream is too strong. You also need to rinse with water mixed with bicarbonate of soda after every visit to the loo and do not use toilet paper anymore. No shower gels for washing the genital area, or long baths....Dermovate is stronger than Betnovate, the one I am using. When applying the steroid cream you must massage it into the skin very well, go deep...always use a surgical glove to protect the skin on your hand.

I use Hydromol for washing and also as a barrier cream....

• Posted

Hiya. I can’t use steroid makes it worse. Best thing is to cut all sugar inc natural out of your diet. You could try castor oil with lavender oil topically. That helps me a lot x
    • Posted

I'm trying not to use Clobestol because for first the first time in 10 years I am in worse shape.  I was in remission for about 2 years.  I'm changing my diet and use castor oil morning noon and night.  I wash with organic lavender soap.  Not sure that's wise but it is lavender.  I have already lost one of my labia. Woke up last week and realized it was gone.  It's weird.  I feel like I have leprosy.  

• Posted

LS is an autoimmune disease....you have to work internally not just externally, what you eat matters a great deal, sugar and stress are major triggers in LS, as it is wheat....glutten free diet.
  • Posted

Oh you poor love, I feel for you. I suggest you get some HYDROMOL OINTMENT and put a good dollop of that all over to act as a barrier till your skin calms down. There is nothing in this that will burn or irritate at will protect you're vulva from your uterine. Did you have the the burning BEFORE you used the steroid ?

• Posted

No not as bad as it is now. It is making me screech when weeing. The water and salt helped but not now i have also used bicarb and water again it helped for a bit. it is very raw. I am now putting coconut oil on. Not sure which way to turn.
  • Posted

Hi Samantha,

When I get a bad flare up as you have described I use an anaesthetic obtained from the doctor. It still stings but then after a few minutes the area is numb enough to apply the dermovate. Dermovate must be massaged in for 90 seconds for full effect. Please try and persist with the dermovate as u will benefit in the long run. I use it twice a week now for maintenance, as soon as I get the tell tale itch.  I also wipe with E45 every time I use the loo. 

I hope u feel better soon, I know the pain is excruciating , and more so when you apply dermovate as the skin is so raw. But it will get better. If u cannot see doc ask pharmacist for the numbing jel but explain the area it is for ! Xx

• Posted

Hi Samatha, I would stop using it for now.  Let your body recover. How often are you using it and how much are you applying, and where exactly are you applying it..all these details make a big difference.
  • Posted

I agree with those who say stop using it. Let the area rest. Spray the area with bottled spring water after urinating. Blot the excess urine off the pubic area, and then spray. I keep my water cold in the frig. If u start the steroid again, make sure it is the ointment not the cream, as I heard it burns less, and maybe much milder strength. Use no soap, and when you get better, use something like Cetaphil.

• Posted

Oh so sorry to hear you are suffering we all know here what that feels like and we are here to support you and each other .

The Bicarb and water in a spray was a godsend to me i carry one in my bag and use after every time i pass water .

Also petroleum jelly or Coconut oil as a barrier to moisturise first rubbed in well before the steroid.

No soap i get Derma 500 from my GP to wash with and i no longer bath but shower .

Hope you feel better soon and let us know how you are doing .

🤗😘

• Posted

Are you applying the steroid cream on top of petroleum jelly or coconut oil ? Too many things for skin to absorb....The steroid cream must be left directly on to the skin to work....
    • Posted

No just the cream... I have started using petroleum jelly and also scudo cream. I will try the bicarb and water when i go to the loo. I have had this a while and i too am seeing shrinkage of my lips etc. I will put the dermovate on and later the jelly or cream. I am applying from the end of my finger to the first bend of my finger.
    • Posted

Yes, I do the same....steroid cream first and leave it on by itself for a bit and when I go out I apply Hydromol ointment which is as thick as petroleum jelly. Use a surgical glove when applying the steroid to protect your skin on your hand....the amount of cream you are using is correct, massage well, take your time and also stretch the skin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.