Deemovate

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been using dermovate for a week and i am in excruciating pain. Even to tbe extent oc going to the loo for a wee.. Now it is burning too much has anyone else had this

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I have a really bad flare up I use a bit of vagisil cream before going to bathroom. It will still for the moment but after a minute or so you will be numb and can go relatively pain free.
    • Posted

I have tried bicarb in water to wash after having a wee its was good tgen todsy it didnt work so i tried water and salt that hasnt wormed i havr put petroleum jelly on as well to no avail it is like being stabbed with a hot iron it is really putting me in intense pain so i am trying coconut oil to see if it helps...
    • Posted

See if you can find an actual barrier cream they use for urine protection...I just picked one up and am going to try it. Also I bend way forward on the commode so the urine down not run down as much and I start spraying with the water as soon as I start. Not perfect it still stings...

• Posted

I am using coconut oli and have stopped the ointment as it was too painful and i feel better. I have had some skin coming off but i can deal with that rather than the pain when i wee
  • Posted

I just went through this very thing, it may be the Clobetasol...I stopped mine and the symptoms settle down. Come to find out I also have Vulvadynia and the nerves were over acting...may want to see if the medication is causing more trouble than help, that should not happen...good luck and hang tight
    • Posted

I have stopped using the ointment and the pain has decreased rapidly and i feel normal. I am using just coconut oil and feel better
  • Posted

Hello everyone . I was diagnosed with this yesterday , after several trips to my doctor for thrush . I cannot begin to tell you how devastated I am . I feel like my life is over and haven’t stopped crying . My GP has been brilliant and I have started in dermavate , please please can someone help and tell me this is manageable and there is life after diagnosis . My only cling on to hope is I have a red rash on the inside of both arms and staring on the top of my right foot which corrisponds with planar I believe . Any any advice at all would be do gratefully received . I am an anxiety sufferer and this has just pushed me through the roof . Thank you xxxxxxx
    • Posted

Hi Jane, cut and paste and start your own thread as you will get more of a response.
    • Posted

I think I have I am not sure .  I saw your comments from years ago , very supportive . How do you he over the feeling of 1. Wishing you were dead and 2 . Feeling like you are no longer a woman . I haven’t stopped crying for two days . Sorry to overload everyone xxx
    • Posted

Be strong Jane....LS can be treated successfully with steroid cream, it may take a while but you will get better. You are a beautiful woman...we all are, the shrinking of parts of your anatomy will restore in time, it is a slow process. Do not stress about LS anymore, treat yourself and take notes about all the good advice you are given here. 
    • Posted

Thank you Dani you have been so very helpful , I will try really hard to get things sorted , you just see such terrible images . I have ordered loads of things today including cones on your advice , I think the steroids have started working as it’s not so itchy today , thank you once again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.