deep depression and nobody to talk to

Posted , 9 users are following.

My sister passed in January and I’ve been snowballing downhill ever since. I’ve had major depression and anime my whole life but I’m at an all time low. I do not socialize and I find it very hard to talk to anyone on this matter. I feel like they judge me and are just rolling their eyes . So I clam up . This is taring my marriage of 35 yrs apart. I would walk away but just don’t have the energy or courage to do it.  I’m at a loss and just at the end of my rope . Please help guide me as to what to do.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am sorry about your sister and situation. Everyone does have their own problems. However, some people are able to deal with It, and others are not. I'm not much use at counselling. However, I am one of those people that struggle to deal with my problems. I think that it's purely down to my genetics, and lack of happy chemicals in my brain. You don't mention any details about any happy pills you are taking. I would recommend you speak to your doctor. If you can sort your meds, it will change your perception about yourself and your situation. I would say that's your first priority.

• Posted

I’ve been to the doctor several times Since my sister passed. I’m taking Zoloft and adivan and my doctor just recently put me on adderall which is causing all kinds of side effects .  

Thank you for your kind words.  Sometimes just having someone to vent to helps . 

• Posted

Dude you need to sort out things up before you do anything

Try writing down all the problems

Then start make relations

It will give you a whole idea about your problems

And make it easier to solve

• Posted

Hi Rosa. I am sorry you are feeling so alone. One of the things about the beast of depression is that it makes us feel that no one cares and that people think badly of us. This is usually not true. I agree that a visit to your GP would be a first step to discuss medication as you say you have long-term depression. If you are already on medication this may need adjusting or changing. I find the Blurt it out online support site really helpful as they send emails reminding me that I am not worthless and unloveable but that depression distorts our view of ourselves and the world around us. Think about who has been kind to you and reach out to them and be honest about how you are feeling. Take care and remember that depression is an illness you didn't choose to have.

• Posted

Hi

I am so very sorry you have lost your sister. Some people don't seem to fully grasp the impact of losing someone so close until it happens to them, that too is understandable, though its what happens at times.

The sadness of losing a loved one is insurmountable and the effects of this vary from person to person. If possible, seek some bereavement counselling, they dont judge and will listen. I would also link this in with some talking therapy especially having thoughts that others are judging you, though we all have feelings that others judge us at some point, try not to beat yourself up too much about that. Passive aggressive behaviours and judgemental approaches from others only serve to deepen your sadness, take no part in that behaviour, there is no room in this world that nonsense, people like to judge others and will use various self defence mechanisims to excuse and justify their behaviours; some say being judgemental is part of the human condition however, that is no excuse and we would all be in a more peaceful place if it didnt exist. So take yourself away from the judgementals of this world, life is hard enough. Please, be easy on you, you're at a vulnerable point in your life, try if possible, in surrounding yourself with others who will be sincere toward you. My thoughts are with you.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  I am seeking help and on medication(which is all off balance right now)  

When your married to that person who doesn’t understand and says “just get up” just go ouside” “quit being lazy”. It is hard to make him understand. Right now I feel like I physically can’t move .  Anyway. Thank you for you listening ear. 

• Posted

I'm sure your meds will eventually help You, it's just they take such a long time.

I can understand your husbands point of view to a degree. Before I got depressed i would have thought like him. Unless you have experienced it, I can't imagine people being able to understand it.

• Posted

Hi Rosahome. So very sorry about the loss of your sister. I have always been close to my siblings I lost one brother in 2004 and another in 2012. I have grieved and grieved them and I missed them terribly. I loved/love them and I understand the deep loss that you feel. I promise. I take antidepressants and have had counseling and have a couple of friends that I confide in. It all helps. I will always miss them as they are a part of me but they loved me and I must live for them and share all that I can with others. That's our way. We will support you here in any way that we can. Please write here as much as you like. Diane

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words. My sister was my “Go To” person that I could tell anything to. I miss that so much .  I suffered from depression and aggoraphobia before she passed but her passing has sent me in a spiral downward.  I’m so glad I found this site just to vent to kind people .  It has already helped me. 
    • Posted

Hi am so glad that you have found us also. The people on this site are kind and loving and the know what it feels like to suffer with depression. I'm so happy that you responded to me. Diane. 

• Posted

Rosahome I am so sorry for your loss sad i cannot even begin to fathom the loss of a sibling. My mother lost her brother to suicide when i was five, he had been diagnosed with terminal throat cancer. she used to visit him every morning to make sure he was eating properly, that he got up and washed. one day she had to go to work early, so she asked his ex wife to go instead, reluctantly. she agreed, but never actually went. that afternoon my uncle got into his truck, drove out of town and straight into a tree. he died instantly. I was only five at the time, but i still feel the loss, and with the stories my mother and grandmother tell me about him, he and i are very alike. i feel like he would have been the uncle i was closest with, especially not growing up with much of a father figure. 

so from my family's perspective, the loss of someone so close can be devastating, but what is important is keeping close those who we still have. my mother was very close to her brother, and her and her mother talk often about him. the guy she is with now was actually his best friend, they served in the marines together back in the day. he was just diagnosed with lung cancer, so i can only imagine what she is going through now. 

what im trying to say is that you can get through this, maybe the pain wont go away but you will grow accustomed to it. it is also important to remember the good times you had with your sister. know that she would not want you to tear yourself apart over her death, she would want you to be happy and to remember her as she was. i would think she would hate to be the cause of your pain? i think a bereavement counsellor would definitely help you, being able to talk through things, getting them off your chest, out of your head, releases some of the pressure that comes with depression. try and write down at least one happy thought a day, whether or not it happened that day. anything you can think of, to your toast coming out just right, or a bird landing on your windowsill. small things. try and exercise, it releases endorphins which help promote serotonin release, the happy hormone. do some meditation. whatever you can manage, even if its just opening the curtains for the first time in three weeks. making your bed. 

please dont let this consume you, and please try to explain to your partner that you are struggling and you would appreciate their support, even if they dont understand, because that is what marriage is about. 

i really hope you feel better soon <3 

• Posted

Rosahome - see your doc, talk about meds for now, arrange counselling. You seem to have unresolved issues re: the death of your sister - condolences for your loss. Perhaps you have not properly grieved. Something to ask yourself - would your sister want you to suffer over this? The answer is no. Get the help - it's out there waiting for you. You have a life to live, you will see your sister again when the job is done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.