Definite Cure for Blepharitis

Posted , 21 users are following.

I am a long term sufferer of blepharitis and dry eye syndrome, recently while researching for treatment updates I stumble across a post by lynda79. The same post is on a few forums and she has figured out that a product called "wet ones" that contain an ingredient Benzethonium Chloride are a cure for blepharitis are a cure. Simple as that, it only takes 3.5 months of use as mentioned by other posters.

So as I am looking at the posts and checking out the profiles of the people who are making these statements about the mericle cure such as eileen64 UK, jenny_74 and the aptly titled Honjon..... I had a good think about things and today as I was going in to Sainsburys (A shopping centre) in the UK, I noticed a big advertised container on the way in offering free "wet ones" wipes.. Now I am no albert einstien or warren buffett and I dont like making predictions but I am a natural sceptic and my bull**** dector has all ways been quite good. I smell bull**** in the worst of a way and if you people just look at the comments these people are making and the replies and name dropping in thier posts you will sense something odd too.

I think we are dealing with a bunch of company promoting charlatans and i for one am not prepaired to put that stuff near my eyelids

0 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

There are far too many success stories on this forum for this to be a scam. No one on this forum appears to be promoting anything, but appears to give help for this condition.That's why wer'e here. We want help. We're getting it. We all have our choice.
    • Posted

Of course Dena, how is your friend Lynda79. You two seem awful close. Work together maybe?
  • Posted

Dear jakestephen,

Actually, the first product with Benzethonium Chloride in it that killed the Blepharitis was an Avon antibacterial facial scrub. When I went to bu that product it had been reformulated so I looked online for what other products had Benzethonium Chloride in them. 

That is how I ended up using the Wet Ones out of desperation. I don't work anywhere. It was my daughter's mother-in-law that used the Avon product.

Hope this info helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Of course you are dena.

We = corporate greed yeah? sorry I didn't name the company or the product, I am sure you will get around to that again!!

• Posted

Avon? the multi level marketing company who scammed a few friends of mine over the years?

did you hear about the headlines - SEC Charges Avon With FCPA Violations. + many more

So let me get this clear you used one multi level marketing companies product then you switched to another multi level marketing companies product?.

Then you posted all over the internet with the same babble on every forum while ignoring one persons severe reaction to it?

There is no sign of you regularly making posts on any forums before you found this cure?

Here why I think you are a charlatan. MLM firms often use the same marketing firms. They hire extremely well versed sales execs and in todays market they need to be excellent and convincing.

Just like you.

• Posted

% of Blepharitis sufferers + cost of 3 month supply of wet ones = marginal profits at best. I'm not sure I follow the whole conspiracy thing. Wet ones in the US are insanely cheap. Much less than I was spending on the endless supply of eye drops that never worked.

That said...

I ran across this forum searching for some relief from the symptoms of blepharitis and out of desperation I tried the wet ones. It worked for me. I had symptoms for over ten years and today my eyes look clearer and feel better then they have in years. My husband even commented on it. I looked up the ingredients and found that the same stuff is used in eye drops so I wasn't so worried about wiping it around my eye lashes. I also wash it off after 15 to 20 minutes. Some people don't.

I don't know if it's a cure but my eyes are substantially better than they were before. I just stopped using the wipes so I'm waiting to see if the bleph comes back. I'm hoping for the best.

• Posted

Hi Aimee, without wanting to contradict what I said earlier, I have googled for wet ones in treatment of blepharitis and it looks quite positive so as I will try anything once, i have ordered some from the local supermarket and am going to start using regularly, then if after a month there is no improvement I shall at least have given them a go, best wishes, Fiona
    • Posted

Good luck! I hope you find some relief! My blepharitis wasn't as uncomfortable for me as it is for some people but my eyes were so red it was embarrassing. I'm just happy to have finally found something that helped.
  • Posted

My two cents is

Big companies with shareholders do not turn thier noses up at profit.

I cant respond any better.

I have Blepharitis and Dry Eye Syndrome for donkeys years and every few months there is another scam or bs claim out there. I wont be a test monkey any more. I am sick of it.

Sorry for being the sceptic here. I just want people to be savvy and cautious when others shout brand names and big claims from the proverbial rooftops.

Where are the experts backing up these claims?

If I have promoted my product in any way that is not currently on the market I appologise to those lynda79 loving product naming types

• Posted

Even if you believe someone on here is promoting these wet ones from a company etc sooooo what , they WORK and they're only like a pound. So what's the problem? THEY WORK!!
  • Posted

I live in Ireland. I bought wetones. They didn't work. I discovered they were not the right ones so I sent to America for the red wetones ones. I paid €13 euro and 17€ for shipping for 4 packs. 3 months later I am still on pack 1. They WORK. I am not cured but I can control my bleph and I can wear make up. A few weeks ago I read a post saying that bleph is a yeast prob and diflucan will cure it. I tried that too. I stopped the wet ones and tried the diflucan. On day 7 I had a flare up. I went back to wet ones.

I am not even a 1/4 way through the supply I bought for €13 . I reckon I have enough to last me at least a year. So marketing geniuses really could spend their time promoting something far more profitable!

Or maybe the person who thought the diflucan was the answer is an advertising person.

I really don't care if either of them are ! I don't believe they are. All I know is now I can wear make up most of the time thanks to Linda 79 sharing the information. Thank you Linda. You have helped to improve my life and I am eternally grateful that you took the time to share your story with the world

• Posted

Hi Janmin, I am definitely going to try the wet ones as I am in such discomfort I will try anything, and long to be able to wear make up again!  Fiona
    • Posted

Fiona, If you can get a hold of them I would buy the red ones from the US. Those are the ones I used and they worked. Also, as per Linda79 suggested, I also bought disposable mascera wands from a local beauty store. You can find them on Amazon very cheap. I think that makes a big difference so as not to reinfect or cross contaminate if you plan to wear makeup. Oh, and I wipe my eyeliner off with the wetones after every use. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi aimee, I am based in the UK and can't get hold of the ones with the red lid, but I can't see a problem, you just use more of the ones that have a lesser strength
    • Posted

Amazon appear to do them but i am sorry I am not prepared to pay £14.00 in total for this when i could just use the lesser strength ones more frequently, its extortionate, in my opinion
    • Posted

I think some people found them more harsh but I can understand not wanting to pay so much for shipping. I wash it off with warm water after about 15-20 minutes too so that may help it starts to bother you. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.