Dental allergy?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Around five months ago now, I had dental work done. It was a composite filling, The moment the filling was placed, Something felt wrong, I had this strong burning pain in my face. Told the dentist but nothing was done about that, I went home and my cheek felt itchy and my eyelid on that side felt really itchy and it swelled, The next day I felt ill and noticed the gland in the right side of my neck swelled up, So phoned the dentist and went back. They checked and said they could see nothing wrong so consult my doctor. I had also noticed this strange chemical taste from the tooth which made it difficult for me to swallow. I became extremely ill over the first month, My neck tenced up extremely bad and I began having burning pain in my arms and tensed tendons, My stomach hurt like you wouldnt believe, I constantly felt like I wanted th throw up and the stomach felt like it was very much on fire, This went down into my intestines as well, My stomach and intestines also swelled up and I had constant gas for near two months or perhaps it was a bit long. So.. Here I am 5 months later. I have a constant throbbing in both teeth, Strange chemical taste at times that bothers my throat if I swallow it. All around my eyes are black and swell throughout the day, Arms and legs have these nerve twitches that happen quite often, I also have those in my face lately and alot of burning sensation throughout my body as well as itching, On the topic of stomach and intestines, I wont go too into unless someone asks I suppose, Vision has been blurry lately. And I know the first thing someone might say is it sounds like poisoning! Well within the five months I have been to the hospital atleast 9 times trying to figure out just what is going on with my body since the fillings. Nobody has had an answer for me. I have been to another dentist for a second opinion, First said it sounds like poisoning but realised no metal is in my mouth so said could be allergy but they are still not too sure. Even the Dental Pathologist I have been to see twice cant seem to figure out what is going on really. I also notice my mouth felt very hot for a long time, Eventually the gums swelled and became very red and now they are receeding extremely, A dentist I recently saw said it looks like gingvitis which doesnt make much sense as my mouth was healthy before all this, I am extremely afraid at this point to have anything done. I dont know what will happen. Also to note my lower teeth. Whatever is leaking from the top teeth got into two small cavities on lower teeth and very quickly they became huge cavities and it felt like whatever leaked into them caused irritation and then spread throughout the lower jaw. Any other info at all that someone might need do ask. I also at one point could not eat, Eating caused me extreme stomach pain so I ended up dropped down to 102lbs! I could not stant up or sit up without assistance. Could a systemic allergy cause things like this over the course of months as it is constant or might it be something far more serious that is not being detected? All I seem to do anymore is just sit in my room and cry. I really just dont know what to do anymore. Nobody can seem to help me but I cannot live like this. Any information would be welcome or any course of action I should take that I am just not thinking of would also be welcome. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and/or reply.

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have just solved my issue for sure.. As I first thought there is a nerve related issue going on, So.. The dental pathologist I have been to see was -sort of- right he said it sounds like damage to a specific nerve ..Little does he know the damage is still ongoing! The teeth are pressing on the nerve and that is messing up my entire body, I can feel pressure and pain behind the jaw and where the teeth are, As soon as I tilt my head back all the way, It felt like someone just opened some floodgates as I felt an increased warmth in my neck and back of head for a moment and then all the pain, The muscle twitches, Etc that I have been experiencing, Went away. As soon as I put my head down in the normal position. It allll comes back. I need to see that Pathologist again and have him notice all this as well. This does mean that if I can somehow manage to wait 4 months ..Which  think will be a bad idea to do as nerve damage can become permanent and nothing will help that, But it just means that removal of teeth should solve my issues. It certainly seems that way.
    • Posted

I go back to its a Cavitation.. With everything systemically wrong with me and the fact that I can feel it.. I am certain this is the case but I cant get any dentist to take me seriously on it and I have surgery in October! Does anybody know what I should do? I know a Cavitat machine could detect such an issue but sadly. I dont know any dentist who has one of those or how I would look up such a thing.

• Posted

This is it. This morning I guess was the last straw. There is metal in my mouth for sure. I woke up to these white flakes and chunks underneath me on my bed. This has started ever since I had the fillings. My legs feel very twitchy as do my arms, Hands and Feet. I keep getting up and forgetting why I did. I have a lessened sense of being, I mean that i I go to sit down or go downstairs. I miss a step or sit down thinking Im right where there chair is to find that I am a little infront of it. I woke today also to very oddly blurry vision, A metallic taste where the teeth are and the entirety of the roof of my mouth. Two days ago I seem to have looked up and swore I saw some sort of squid demon looking thing but later thought that maybe I dreamt it. I dont think that was the case though. Mentally and physically I am going as the days pass and there is nothing at all I can do. (Believe me I have tried and tried and tried since the start of all this) I have no choice but to wait til October, Who knows the state I will be in if I will be alive at all be then. Lately within the past month to now which is way worse, My heart has been beating oddly, My chest and lungs have been sore and sometimes its almost like I have an asthema attack like that same feeling though I can breathe fine, My swallowing well.. Thats been iffy, I can either swallow just fine or have difficulty all day like part of my mouth is swollen or something. I still bring up this chalky white stuff from my eyes and nose, Parts of my head or body will start to feel numb. I just dont know what to say anymore aside from what I have already said, That I am scared. I constantly fear for my life and there is nothing at all I can do.. Its like waiting to die but you dont know the date, Everyday I am thankful to be alive but at the same time I dredd it, Knowing how the days will be, Not knowing if I will be worse and having to know my mom has watched me go from perfectly healthy to how I am today.. We have tried everything we can think of. Nothing gets results sadly. Thanks to all who have read through all of this and to whoever ma have replied or even thought about replying. 
  • Posted

The entirety of my mouth feels raw, My saliva is stringy and like water, Everything is just telling me to get rid of these teeth however ..I have to wait til October and I dont feel I can with all the goings on, I need help this month otherwise I am not so sure what is going to happen, It has already gotten so bad. Its starting to effect my chest I think, It has been very sore as has my throat swallowing gets difficult at times and sometimes my tongue swells. Nobody is too sure on what to say or what I should do. Any help please? I sadly do not have the money to pay for a private dentist otherwise I would have months ago before this got extremely out of hand. 
  • Posted

James,

I think you are allergic to the plastic component, the methacrylates and so on in your composite filling.  There are peer-reviewed scientific articles written about their toxicity.  After I had my silver fillings replaced with them, I had neck/cheek rashes and swelling just under my jaw ever since.  That was 9 years ago.  I saw a doc and an ENT.  I know my body.  My dentist is mean to me and says because the tissue in my mouth (mucosa etc) surrounding the filled teeth is healthy looking, that it must be something else.  Yet the articles say the most common symptoms are skin rashes and inflammation (not in the mouth).  He doesn't believe me.  I am going to get a gold foil filling (most biocompatible) as soon as possilble.  I'm replacing one filling with the gold (I only have 3 fillings).  I'll let you know how it works.  If you google composite filing and allergy you can find a lot of people who have similar reactions to ours.  Sometimes the swellling makes it hard for me to breathe and i feel like i'm affected psych-socially.  In fact the articles say kids with composites tested for psychosocial issues while those with silver fillings didn't.  

How are you doing btw?  Any new things to report?  Did you have an extraction?  

Take care.  I really feel for you.

Allie

• Posted

Hi allie.

Sorry for all you've gone through

Worth mentioning metals and glues can cause the same, not only plastics.

Patch testing would be the way to go to finding out. And removal (although if it's something like systemic nickel allergy be aware there is nickel in medical equipment such as needles, scalpels, prongs, etc.)

Give us an update when you can James468,we were just thinking of you last month but couldn't find the post.

• Posted

James468, Your symptoms sound just like mine! I had an immediate reaction to my white plastic fillings after my dentist said she was going to replace my perfectly fine silver fillings. My mouth immediately started burning and canker sores have been in my mouth since that dreadful day! Almost 5 years ago! I went to get patch tested after waiting for years to get it. I discovered I'm allergic to the fillings! Balsam of Peru!! BOP- short for Balsam of Peru, is the allergy I was told I have. Well, the fillings are made with BOP! If you google this allergy, you'll find it is in everything!! I wasn't allergic to anything until that day! I believe that these fillings have destroyed my mouth and made me constantly allergic to this allergic! 

Please go get this checked! I think these new fillings are poisoning our bodies! 

I am researching it now, but hope to find a viable solution.

good luck! Avoid foods with Balsam of Peru. If you see a change within three weeks of being on a strict diet of NO BOP, you know that is the cause!! It takes a while, so be patient.

• Posted

Are you ok, dear James?

I'm going through the very same hardship. No one is there to help.

I hope you're ok by now.

• Posted

Pine allergies SUCK. I ended up with a mouth full of hives after getting a small "sealer" applied to a sensitive tooth. If you are near Ottawa get a referral to see DR Michelle Pratt at the Parkdale clinic, Ottawa Hospital. She is fantastic, does patch testing and you will know within a week exactly what chemicals you are allergic to and that might pin point what is making you sick.  Pine aka Rosin or Resin or Balsam of Peru is a bugger!  I'm at the point where i'm terrified to see a dentist or i'm just going to have them pulled when I have an issue because i'm so allergic to the stuff.  This is a great sheet to help avoid it. https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/rosin-allergy/

• Posted

I go to a holistic dentist.  Before she will do any dental work she runs bloodwork to check for allergies to dental materials.  Based on those results she will pick the best materials for your body chemistry.  
  • Posted

The allergies in dentistry are also well-known, most materials we use are risks for the sensitive people. The materials used in mouth, besides their destiny to be worn constantly and get into permanent contact with the mouth have to bear a special wet medium, the saliva, with a constantly changing reaction, and full of bacteria.
  • Posted

Dear James I hope you are Ok by now; I had a very similar experience because of fillings; the White Composite fillings are very Toxic and contain BPA, as well as many other Toxic Substances; they might even Contain some kind of Metal, I'm not sure;

you have to have all the teeth with fillings extracted, because this filling causes Systematic disease of the entire bodies skeletal structure; the body can only heal when there are no teeth with fillings in your mouth; it's as Toxic and dangerous as Silver fillings with Mercury; these fillings are poisoning people and no one is saying anything; I also recommend Oil Pulling and Water Pulling your teeth with Salt Daily and buying a product called Oral Plus for your Teeth and Gums; it's available on Amazon.

• Posted

Fran, 

i have just discovered that the fillings have a hardener component in it that is related to Balsam of Peru (BOP) . I am allergic to it. It is in hundreds of spices, as an agent to keep them from caking up. And in lots of foods and sauces. I'm currently having my filling refilled with silver! The original filling was replaced with the white fillings. Within five minutes, I had a reaction!! 

• Posted

Hi Becker,

I have never heard of BOP before; I will Google it to find out more;

I have had ALL teeth with fillings extracted and I got metal and BPA- free implants for the missing teeth; you will only heal and feel better if you have those teeth with fillings extracted; biological Dentists now say that infection continues under the fillings

• Posted

IVE been to dentist today and exsplained this he’s replaced then with tempary ones to c how I go x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.