Deodorants dont work anymore!???? HELP

Posted , 17 users are following.

What is wrong with me!!? Everything I put on makes me smell worse. I haven't wore deodorant for 2 years now. I shower and put it on hoping this nightmares went away and I smell like a skunk lol. Its really bad and only after its been on 10 mins. I have to wash it back off. 

Its really bad ladies help!!!!! I've already tried all of the secrets, lady's choice and degrees. 

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Woops I know that one, I remember mentioning the exact same issue to my doctor and the reply was"raised eyebrows!" However I do think you smell yourself more than others do. I use a lotion called "vinaigre de toilette 80* , " by diptyque. It is pricey but well worth it as it lasts for ages. It is a horrible sensation standing in front of people and thinking " I smell awful," I was put on HRT and that issue dissapeared. But the lotion did work for me before I was put on HRT. My husband found a link on internet on how to make your own lotions with vinegar water if I can find it I will sent it on for you. 

Best of luck 

• Posted

hi blessed-mimi

had this one for years and still have ... hormonal sweating...

I use Driclor roll on amazing lasts for days.. 

also just bought some Vichy 7 days roll on cream thats good too..

its strong it works 

i dont wear them constantly just as and when i feel i going to need them more, 

i too have the same thing, have to wear darker clothes incase get wet patch, but with these especially Driclor and Vichy 7 days roll on you wont...

• Posted

info on what i use  can get off ebay or stores for both even amazon 

look for aluminium based for excessive sweating control .. i have tried and tested these two. 😀😀 

Vichy Anti-Perspirant Cream 7 days effectiveness contains a new generation active ingredient : the refined anti-perspirant. It is twice as small as classical active ingredients, for a direct targeted action in the heart of sudoral pores.

Results : 7 days of effectiveness. The armpits stay fresh and dry. The perspiration level decreases and is maintained to a lower level, week after week.

Driclor antiperspirant roll on ...

If you experience heavy sweating even in regular situations, you may need Driclor™, a clinically proven, highly effective antiperspirant.

Driclor™ is the ultimate protection for heavy perspiration.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE

Always dry the affected areas thoroughly before applying, otherwise irritation may occur.

Initially apply once daily, last thing at night.

In the morning – wash off and continue to use your regular deodorant, as normal.

After 1–2 weeks, you should notice a considerable improvement.

Once sweating stops during the day, you can reduce application to twice a week or less.

INGREDIENTS

Alcohol, Aluminium, Chloride, Aqua

Alcohol-free, fragrance-free.

• Posted

Hi Jay and all you ladies out there,boy am I glad I missed this one your talking about,I'd heard of it .Jay done her homework again,don't ask dr first ,ask Jay.  Saves the Drs runaround.

Weird how hormones do this to some females and not others.

I've never been a sweating person wonder if that's why I've been okay?

What sad  news of Robbie Williams,depression  see money for treatments  didn't save him.wonder what meds Drs had him on over the years ?,he must have been in a terrible way to do this.truly sad ,one of my favourites,God rest his soul.

• Posted

Hi Marlene 😃

your lucky there then with the hormonal glowing 😀 hehehe

the roll ons i use are very good, they last for days too...

again another one not discussed ... when it should be... that is life..

Robin Williams .... ( not Robbie) 😮 grew up watching him Mork & Mindy etc

yea very very sad and still so young...  may he rest in peace..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay I stand corrected,yes Robin,use to watch Mork and Mindy,films of his I enjoyed Good Morning Vietnam,could watch that again and again,and he was one of the best comedians to come out of the U S A,

Yes this hormonal problem is a strange one some of the ladies get,yes I agree it's one that's got overlooked,good one to have been brought up.

Like all the other Gyne probs you get different threads on,it's an endless topic to us  young and older ones.

Dotties Birthday today everyone,hope she enjoying it.

• Posted

Hi Marlene

very similar arent they name wise those two...  i have to think which name too..

such a shame there was a Mrs Doubtfire 2 written  so they say 😪  loved that film ..

anyway enjoy your afternoon Marlene, I am off for my swim..

yes hope Dotties enjoying her birthday 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Happy Birthday to Dottie 🎉🎉

Jay xx

• Posted

Another excellent film,yea I liked that one to,made me laugh,he's one I will remember of fondly. 

Hope you have good swim,Got the beach in walking distance ,but no way I'd go in today it will be freezing,get heart failure.its cold( which I love ) and blowing a hoot,but they give August bad weather,hit and miss.,so no complaints from me.or my cousin we both hate sun.husband laughs at us .

You have great day to Jay,sun lover you .XX

• Posted

Didn't see this post until after I responded to the last one thanks again!
    • Posted

I would advise not using aluminium based deodorants. Aluminium is very hazardous to human health and can possibly be absorbed through the skin.
  • Posted

I had and still do the same problem. I found Rexona Cream Extra Strength and it works. My boss told me and I was devastated. But all happened around the same time. A little weight gain, aching joints, hot flushes - just your normal joy joy joy!  The way I look at all of this is - still living, still have my family and still functioning!  smile
    • Posted

Amen to all that ...yes still alive and functioning...not normally but functioning lol
  • Posted

Also you put it on at night, can still shower, reapply in the morning (not necessary), and honestly it is amazing. smile
    • Posted

Thank you ladies. Its always a help when someone else has the same issue and you already tried and tested the product. Saves us all some time and money...and embarrassment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.