Deodorants dont work anymore!???? HELP

Posted , 17 users are following.

What is wrong with me!!? Everything I put on makes me smell worse. I haven't wore deodorant for 2 years now. I shower and put it on hoping this nightmares went away and I smell like a skunk lol. Its really bad and only after its been on 10 mins. I have to wash it back off. 

Its really bad ladies help!!!!! I've already tried all of the secrets, lady's choice and degrees. 

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have the same thing sometimes. It's all the hormones, dear. They make everything inside of us so scrambled. It's crazy! I put on deodorant this morning and not long after that I smelled terrible under the arm. I thought to myself, "Did I put on deodorant this morning or not?"
    • Posted

Lol its crazy isn't it!  I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up in a new body.

I always tell myself when I see an elderly lady out in a store by herself." Oh look she made it through and she is all bubbly and happy, so there is hope"

They are my inspiration...

• Posted

Hi Shar

Driclor is fab... boots sell it.. never use on freshly shaved pits as it stings like a good un..

it lasts for days and really works..

i had to get Vichy 7 day  antiperspirant here they have it in UK too , thats good too its a roll on cream and lasts ages.. one application.. i have been a wet pit head for about 12 years now, peri and drop in hormones before etc... and this i dont worry about as its works so well.. 

also when you feel nervous or when i do i get sweaty betty pits... nightmare

Jay xx

• Posted

Hey Blessed how old would you call elderly? I'm 67 still post menopause,all be it for 2nd time around,other family my age give or take a year ,stil having same old problems. Be great if these scientist could get one pill up,you take said pill,hey presto all done and dusted,MAGIC,
    • Posted

Hi Marlene 

your still a spring chicken  😃

hope your okay today.. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hiya,your so kind Jay,spring chicken me ,will chuck that one at my old man,watch his eyebrows go up,Ha Ha .hes 70 next April,tells him he married a Dolly Bird,we get a laugh out of it,been married 48 years next March, still holds my hand and gives me hugs.so no complaints all round from us both,give and take.

My IBS playing up today,and tinnitus is sky high B.........y ears both.Thats another thing meno women get that's never mentioned,as the meno goes on,another mystery.didnt get mine till after my meno began.STRANGE.

What you got on for today,? Your fella home soon,be nice.laze around  meal out.im teetotal so I'd for go the plonk.

Raining here Jay,still got my shoulder going ,but it's improved,so that's looking up,stay gingerly with it ,till osteopath says I'm good to go. Can't tong my hair,I'm well ticked off,washing it one handed,but old man did offer to do it.Bless him.    You stay good Jay.XX

• Posted

Hi Marlene 

wow 48 years marriage ... thats so nice to hear...

my parents have been married for 65 years good lord.... mind you they cant stand each other hahahaha my mum married at age 18 shes 83 now...

i tried it twice but didnt like it 😀 ....

my other half back in the morning until Monday morning...

got my well woman clinic Monday evening in Marbella, check of the old gear box..

me too Marlene i dont drink alcohol, i am a pepsi light chick 😀

i went out this morning to get the post and abit of shopping and the garden centre was open yay..

just been having the daily tidy up.. not having a swim today.. gotta vacuum the pool later .. 😪 then stick the automatic sucker in for a thorough job..

poor you with tinnitus, my left ear is sometimes weird.. like a deep dull pain..constant... that drives me mad...

enjoy the rest of the afternoon

Jay xx

• Posted

Your mum and dad done good to Jay,don't stay together if not happy,so they've had it good trust me .I was married at 19 going on 20.Where did those years all go,we've both said that over time.

So no wedding bells up for you in near future,? Third time lucky so saying goes Jay.maybe happy as you are,that works to,my husband is like my old dad who died when I was 13,all my family say he's so like my dad in nature,into his family 100 per cent.my dad only happy at home with my old mum and us kids,mum widowed at 41 never contemplated finding anyone else in her life,centred on us,sadly she passed from cancer at 59  good mum.

Anyway life's moved on,you say you get ear trouble,as long as no ringing / hissing with it  your be okay,I was told about,meno and tinnitus going together,weird what this meno chucks up,plus this giddiness we get along with B........y balance.Women Drs got to get it,just got to I know of one who had meno insomnia,had to go to hypnotist in the end  after the tablet route,here a dr,go figure that one Jay

You've been a busy bee today,wish they still done Well Women clinic at my surgery,they stopped it down to cost of providing 2 nurses,who runs the practice yes a male  speaks volumes.XX

• Posted

Hi Marlene

i had insomnia for years and years, still have, its the actual dropping off to sleep for me, then when i do i wake every couple of hours its awful.. wake up look at clock all night.. always been a light sleeper which doeant help either..

i was given zopiclone on and off but i take it only half of one as and when, dont want to become reliant, but... even with them i still wake so i dont know.. drives me mad too.. i have no side effects with zopiclone its good..

Melatonin made me have weird vivid dreams.,. 

I havent been to this particular well woman clinic before, its spoken very highly of,  private clinic, so we shall see, very thorough so thats suits me just fine...

I had a smear at the local docs here in Jan and its something i cant discuss on here it was the most awful experience of my life, he wasnt spanish, lets put it like this, he used a big black and yellow workmans torch and i felt pain for three days, i couldnt believe the methods i was very frightened, thats all i dare say about it on here.. 

wedding bells maybe one day, we have been engaged for 7 years hahaha

i just say to him, ' i have got to be sure ' 😃 hes a lovely man..

Jayxx

• Posted

Hi marlene21102

Sorry to affend anyone on here...wasn't my motive. I've worked a nursing home for years doing these precious ladies hair and they are my inspiration!They've all went through so much in life and are all still so happy. 

• Posted

Not a good experience Jay ,I can imagine it,when. I had my son,had my waters broke by foreign dr,I've never forgotten that ever,pain.when having my girl ,was determined I'd not go in till I began labour ,2nd baby how much more you knew what goes on,better time having her all round.

I don't have smears anymore,had them all,only 1 per cent chance of cancer after certain age,but that said I stay alert on Gyne side.

I missed that insomnia to,but feel for those who have it,2 cousins suffer from it,ones had it for long time Jay.hey my husband does ,nothing for him to get up 2 to 3 times a night,I hear the kettle going one,he then sits with his Mail x word.ive heard of Melatonin,he's asthmatic,not to bad ,but got to be careful what he has.

7 years engaged WOW,got to be Mr Right,as I said 3 rd time lucky ,first 2 call them your dummy runs.now the real Mc coy.got to have loads of confetti,hey I've got you half way hitched in mind  Ha Ha .thats females for you.Nice chatting Mar xx

• Posted

I knew that,Blessed,elderly I take to be these days are in there 80's,am I right Jay as to your mums age,even my GP says they take the 80 's to now be called elderly,as long as the government don't get wind of it,and want me to go and get a job Ha Ha know what there like,flog the working classes to death now,upped pension age another 2 years.

I think the elderly have life experience they could pass on,given half a chance,men as well as women,my aunt in her 80's but I still ask her questions even at my age.Bless her heart,always gives me good advice.

Glad you find your job rewarding  get to hearing there stories.Mimi X

• Posted

Hi Marlene

yes i would class my mum elderly, but i prefer the term older persons ..

only because i am knocking in now hahahahahaha

Jay xx

• Posted

Now that's got better friendly ring to it,we all get box slots,it's like grandmothers years ago were grans like mine were called but my female relations with grandchildren would drop there mouths open to be called Gran today,Nan sounds better me at my age won't have a niece  or nephew call me by my Christian name ,I'd ignore them and they know it,I'm aunt end of,my badge I'm determined to keep.my little quirk lets say

Time you reach my age there be an update on Elderly Jay watch this space,you've got years to go yet,years.x Bless

• Posted

Hi Blessed_Mimi,

I have the same problem as you.. The minute I put deodorant on I start to smell like skunk and if I don't put aanything on I juste strait up smell like BO.. Did you find something that works for you? 

• Posted

Driclor roll on is best, aluminium types for excessive sweating, i have that too, mines improving now post meno. 

So dont need it much, it lasts 3 days the roll on, tried many this was the best for me

Jay xx

• Posted

That's the thing I don't sweat that much.. I just sweat if I go on a run or if I am really stressed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.