Deodorants dont work anymore!???? HELP

Posted , 17 users are following.

What is wrong with me!!? Everything I put on makes me smell worse. I haven't wore deodorant for 2 years now. I shower and put it on hoping this nightmares went away and I smell like a skunk lol. Its really bad and only after its been on 10 mins. I have to wash it back off. 

Its really bad ladies help!!!!! I've already tried all of the secrets, lady's choice and degrees. 

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can identify, and actually, if your practicing good hygene there may be nothing wrong with you.  Let me tell you my experience and maybe it will help.  I have tried everything many times over Ban, Secret, Suave, Degree, Certain Dri, Mitchum, Dove super-duper, Dove ultra strength, etc., and when it hit the market, Dove clinical strength.  All I'll say about that experience is, stench magnified!!!  I've tried vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, talcum powder...  I would dread going to work cause I knew deoderant failure would happen with poor hygene labeling from coworkers to follow.  I started again with Secret because of all the regular brands it seemed to last the longest. Well as I put it on that morning I looked at the cap in my hand and noticed that the top was rounded and I can't explain how or why I thought to do this but I put the cap back on the container and used it to rub the deoderant into my arm pitts even more.  Low and behold, I HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM SINCE!!!  It now works 99% of the time even keeping my pitts stink free up to 3 days.  Some products work best when applied a certain way. 

Hope this helps,

• Posted

Hi pjJns

Gosh it has been 5 months and never seen your post but Im going to try what you said about the cap. Its crazy how we stumble upon thing and they work. I love Secret!! I cant use the really perfumy ones but I love the pear scent and I want to smell like a girl again. This BO thing really stinks with my hormones right now lol. Thanks again

Be Blessed biggrin 

• Posted

There's a really lovely crystal deodorant by Native Unearthed. In particular, I like their aloe vera variant. It's basically crystal deodorant infused with aloe vera which has antibacterial properties and lots of minerals. I normally suffer from really bad B.O but the native unearthed deo's have worked really well for me (thank goodness!). I would definitely recommend. Their completely natural too - No nasty chemicals!
    • Posted

Thank you...just catching up on some old post. Ill look it up and try it. Im going down the list of them all. Something has to work right !

Be blessedbiggrin

• Posted

Dear Mimi,

I understand where you coming from. I have been wonderful stinker in very long time. I know what it feels like to smell horribly where even your closest friend would cover their nose whenever youre close to them. This has led me to withdraw all social gatherings, it made me to stay at home when I come back from work. In the office even my boss noticed and he indirectly notified me that I stink which I am aware of. I hve been trying every known deodrant even those said to be clinical deodrants but none of worked for me and as you said every deaodrant or presipirant I wear made me to stink more and most funniest thing is I dont even sweat a lot. My hygeine was good as I have to shower more than normal person would. change my clothes often sometimes in a day. It forced me to keep one extra clean under Tshir in my bag so I can change in men's room in the breaks. Now over 3 weeks I found out the solution, I started applying Dricolor under my armpits and now my confidence came back I can sit with people, pass them and play with them. Thanks God I am finally stink free. Try that product if you havent found already as your post is one year old.

Regards

• Posted

Hi Jas

Thank you for the post about the Dricolor. I have been using coconut oil and baking soda for a year now. It helps but I want to smell pretty again sad Will I ever get to wear my Secret (pear) deodorant again? Ill definitely give dricolor a try. Thanks again !

Be blessed biggrin

• Posted

Hay can you help what need to do people be like coughing and sneezing and stuff nose when they the same area with me in and it's so strong!! And people say it smell like Cologne but it's not I think it's my deodorant what do I do please help I can even do good in school!? Also people keep looking at me
    • Posted

Hi Brandon

Sorry your having such a hard time. I understand your problem your dealing with. I could never use any deodorants with perfumes in them as it would make the problem worse. I bought some coconut oil and baking soda and mix the 2 ingredients together in a small plastic container. It should form a paste. Make sure it stays sealed or it will dry out. I shower then I take my finger an rub a small amount on and I am now stink free !! I hope this helps  biggrin  hugs to you & be blessed !!

• Posted

Hi! I'm actually someone who ame from the Philippines. I have the same case as you have.. I was wondering if you have found a cure to yours? You see, I knew about this product certain dri, only it's not available in the Philippines and right now I don't have enough money to buy it online. I'm just a 15-year-old student after-all.. Maybe I can see if what your using can be effective on me... Thank You very much..

• Posted

Hi Meisasdfgh

I wouldn't even waste your money on a deodorant . I took 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoons of coconut oil and mixed it in an air tight container and put a little on after my shower everyday and no more worries! Hope this helps sweety..Have a blessed day!!

• Posted

Hello.

I am new here.

I experienced the same problem! I had bad body odor. Nothing worked. Not even all natural & organic deodorants.

My sister told me about an all natural deoderant that she saw on "Shark Tank".

It is called " Piperwai ".

I ordered it online. It comes in a jar and is applied with your fingers. It is a little expensive but it lasts a long time. I use a pea sized amount for each armpit. If it is a little dry, I put a few drops of witch hazel in the jar before each use. Rub it in good. It has a strong scent, not a bad scent, but the scent dissipates quickly. It works great!!!!!!

I can go a day or two without showering when camping and never develop body order. No stink!!!!

There is a stick deoderant now. I haven't tried the stick yet.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Baking soda!  I had the same problem, until I discovered that if you powder your arm pits with baking soda after a shower, then apply your deoderant...you will not smell at all for two days!  Try it, It's cheap.  Many days now ALL I use is baking soda if I just want deoderant and not antiperspirant

• Posted

I had the same problem. Lot of sweating and a bad smell from my armpits and also from the groin.

Deodorants did poorly. I used a brand for "sport" , at least according to the advertising. It helped a bit. I think that the worst time is over, my body has a different odour now, but the bad smell is gone.

I believe that now is the time for Chanel 5, because it works at best on mature skin, I was told.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.