depersonalisation again?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone i finally was getting well and the last week ive started to have that bad feeling of being disconnected, everything feels unreal and im in a dream. Of course my stupid ocd has to kick in and now im ocd' n about losing touch with reality completely my main fear! I mean what if I really start to believe im im a dream and I cross over into un reality. The weird thing is I wasn't even anxious so why have i got this depersonalization again God i need a break. Needing to vent

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

And I hate feeling the doom feeling and feeling like my brain is gonna shut off ugh it's horrible sad
    • Posted

Yes that doom feeling is bad i also get this feeling of being completely alone even though im around people and a feeling of losing myself completely. Ive noticed i get the depersonalization even when im a tiny bit anxious i never use to get it so this is completely new for me i guess that's why its so hard to accept
  • Posted

Hi all

​I've had these feelings on many occasion (not for years now though) It's uncomfortable but it's perfectly normal side effect of all anti 'd meds. Have any of you recently changed med in anyway. That is usually the culprit, but usually dissapear after a few weeks. Unfortunately it can take longer in some than others (that is exactly what the DR is going to say) most likely a change of meds is needed. It makes sense if your taking Zopiclone/ as it's an hypnotic. Other benzo's can have the same effect. I found CBT therpy to be the most effective (in conjunction with medication) in turning that "not real" feeling off. hope this helps a few of you, feel free to contact if anymore questions.

• Posted

Hi Craig thanks for the reply im not currently on any medication but have just started therapy finally after many years of avoiding it. The depersonalization is new for me i never have experienced something like this despite having anxiety issues for 17 years andvi thought my other anxiety symptoms were bad this is absolutely insane.
    • Posted

It is definately part of your anxiety, unfortnately when you start an anti depressant depersonalization is a main side effect for the first few weeks. It's great that your seeing a counsellor ( I'm assuming CBT/NLP) when I was dealing with this my Dr put me on a very low dose of Venlafaxine (effexor) 2 weeks later i was fine we doubled the dose to 37.5mg and I took that for about 6 years. I'm now not on anything. So I would ask about that or SSRI or SNRI class of anti d's. Effexor is in the SNRI class. I'm not a DR but i learned the hard way these things can and are overcome with persistance, and the CBT really helped to "retrain" my brain so to speak. hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig you give me hope ill get over this its great to hear from someone that's gotten over this i appreciate your input.
  • Posted

Can you help? I'm struggling with really bad anxiety and relationship OCD. It's really horrible and I just feel so disconnected and detached from everyone. I'm mainly upset about feeling disconnected and far away from my boyfriend. I just want to feel happy and normal again. I feel like i'm stuck in a really bad dream. Have any of you felt this before?? I just want to feel happy, in love and like myself again. Everything feels all wrong and scarey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.