Depersonalisation/ Derealisation again.

Posted , 12 users are following.

I feel terrible today...am so spaced out...like am in some kind of dream. This along with all the obsessive thoughts I have(OCD) are making me feel like I am going crazy. Am so scared that I am go mad,become pyschotic or that I have Schizophenia or some terrible mental illness....Just wanted some reassurance that the dream like feeling is only Anxiety...feels so scary.

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, took myself to the doctors a few years ago with this sudden irrational fear I was going to inherit schizophrenia (my bioloigical father has it) I felt pretty p*ssed as though Doc never took me seriously he simply said - 'The fact that you're questioning yourself is enough to know you haven't, the part of the brain to recognise somethings not quite right would be damaged.' Looking back it makes sense. So have faith in the fact you're aware. X
  • Posted

I began feeling this was march 12th for the first time ever, it's nearly been a month and I still feel the same . So I guess I'm with you all. I'm 17. This sucks
  • Posted

Did your parents have similar symptoms when they were developing schiZophrenia?
    • Posted

I dont think so Jen...my mum heard voices and was paranoid about the neighbours and stuff...she wasnt anxious...she just accepted it as normal when she was psychotic. She didn't think there was anything wrong with her...she thought it was everyone else.
  • Posted

very normal with anxiety attacks :-/ itll go away when the anxiety does.
    • Posted

But is it common when not having anxiety attack?
    • Posted

i think so because think about it your mind needs time to calm down so itll gradually start going away but if u continue to stress the longer itll stay
  • Posted

Hi Clairebear1976, how r u doing? I thought I should get back to all the people who were in a similar situation like i was an year ago. Let me know how u r doing? I have had my anxiety and depression medication taken off few weeks back and I am doing good without them. So you can definitely come out of it and become normal. I want to share the story of my journey so far as your own stories one year back make felt I am not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.