Depersonalization & Anxiety, How do I take my life back?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Recently ive been suffering from depersonalization, and its the most horrifying thing ive ever been through, It feels as though anxiety has taken over my life completely and i just want my life back, I cant spend a day without thinking intrusive thoguhts or thinking im going to die. Ive somewhat managed my panic attacks but im always on edge, and havent gotten a good nights sleep in so long. I just want to be in the here and now and im not quite sure where to start. Ive been thinking maybe trying a sensory deprivation tank, or possibly medication, i definitely want to see a therapist or psychiatrist, but i just cant imagine someone being able to help. theres so many different opinions on what to do. Any kind of advice possible would be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had this . It is truly horrible. Have u seen your GP about it? Have you beent aking any meducations at all?
    • Posted

No I really want to get on medications but then people have horror stories and have all these different opinions but I'm honestly at my wits ends and need something to just end this.

• Posted

All I can say is, You are not alone .. Anxiety can consume your life, it is one of the most debilitating illnesses.. I have no answers as I am trying to get myself back on track but I also have intrusive thoughts, think about dying more then living .. I can't get past my dark thoughts x

• Posted

zoe I thought I would write to you. I too have exactly the same signs and symptoms this but it started three years years go following an infection. I am struggling every day but it has slowly improved.

No one can empathise unless they have experienced this. It is really horrible. I was w0ndering if anything triggered off your HA?

• Posted

I completely understand, it just takes over everything, I hate always thinking this way. Someone told me to maybe try channeling the negative thoughts or anxiety into excitement and positive thinking, and I try but it's so much harder then people know.

• Posted

I feel like I need to admit myself cause this has takin over my life and I can not live a normal day.. no I don't wanna kill myself but I have to get this under control it's killing me

• Posted

I have had every test possible from head to heart to stomach to legs and all normal why am I looking for something why does anyone feel like way.. I can't eat I barely sleep and drinking anything is a struggle.. new thing is eating phobia I don't want to swallow food.. I can't swallow food drinks nothingbits such a hard feeling

• Posted

Yes! I've started to become paranoid about eating or drinking things as well, it just continues to lead to another thing to be anxious about. It the absolute worst.

• Posted

I completely understand sad I've almost admitted myself at times, but I just really want to get it together. Much support sad

• Posted

Anxiety is a LIE that your brain tries to us to trick you into believing something is truly wrong when there isn't a damned thing wrong that you can't logicly overcome on your own. On the flipside of it, its also extremely hard to look past it when it hits you hard.

Friend..... listen to me and listen close. I've only been dealing with anxiety for a very short time, a matter of months to be honest and its been one of the most frightening phases of my life. Random headaches and OCD thoughts that come out of nowhere, my heartrate going though the roof for no reason what so ever even when I'm calm. I'm telling you now that you're not alone but there is some good news I can give you.

The good news is you're NOT going crazy believe it or not. Right now whats happening is your brain is just completely overloaded and is having an extremely hard time coping with the pressure anxiety is forcing it though. Your mood, thoughts and other actions are a result of that. The fear you're feeling is a result of that as well. You said you can't see a therapist...well there are ways around that but it wont be easy.

Talk to someone you trust the most. This is importent because anxiety preys on the feelings and fears you keep bottled up inside and it releases it on you all at once like a speeding freight train. Talking to someone you trust will help release some of those bottled up feelings and give anxiety less to feed on. Exersize is also importent. Anxiety forces your body to produce a TON of adrenaline which will lead to headaches and cause you to trigger feelings you didn't even know you had which will drive you deeper into the dark hole you are currently in. Walking, running or just simply working out will greatly help with that.

This is a long hard road friend....a very long hard road but there is hope and you can and will recover from this BUT you need to look for ways to calm yourself. Because if you can't then anxiety will rule you forever. You can beat this but know that there is no easy way to do it.

• Posted

I'm prepared to beat it at all costs, it just always feels like I'm never gonna make it to see the light at the end of the tunnel

• Posted

I felt the same way at first. I'm still dealing with this and its still hard, but I was able to find that I was allot stronger then I gave myself credit for. I found allot of help here and coming here daily, not only reading a fair amount of the posts but also trying to help others has really cope with allot of my symtoms and learn how to deal with them.

Its a very long hard road to recovery Luna but know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and know that you'll have to fight harder then you've ever fought before. At times all hope might seem lost but the true test of beating this is weathering the storm as best you can and fighting for that inch....that moment of clarity. As the days go on and you keep righting those moments of clarity will increase and theabd times will decrese but again this will take time.

• Posted

I have the exact same feelings and was recently given medication. The hardest thing is to maintain a positive mind set but you will over come it, stay positive.
    • Posted

Is the medication helping at all? And yes I know! Who knew it could be so difficult to stay positive sad

• Posted

It varies day to day, it managed to keep the overwhelming thoughts away which is good. It took me months to pluck up the courage to see someone about it. I have good days and bad days but it does help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.