Depressed and alone. My Dr's are young male and seem to have no idea

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my regular pap smear three weeks ago after about two months of using cortosone creame. I developed an Uti that night and now have been on a rolercoaster of being in pain down theresince. The anti bioticis did not clear up the uti and another course was prescribed along with some cream and suppositories for the pain in my rectal area. This cream and suppositories burnt me severely and caused fussure around my anus. Just passing urine is extreemly painful when it contacts these fissures. Using my bowels are murderous. Some one out there please help me find help.

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

oh dear wil...this is dire.

are you able to sit on the side of the bath and to use the shower hand spray to point at your vulva and anus after visiting the lavatory? its cleanses but also soothes if you are very raw. 

are your bowel movements loose or more solid and difficult to pass?

• Posted

I suggested tonight i needed something like this but we have barely enough rainwater for everyday needs so he boo ha the suggestion. We dont have town water and live in a small remote mining town. I told him the alternative i shower each time. I am worried as its warming up and i feel its going to get worse. The paper is worse than gravel on my skin. I dont want to have to buy a load of water as its bore water and it agravates my skin. I think i will just have to bite the bullet and get a hose for in the bath room over the loo. Only an outside bath and not much privacy. Lol. Do you know if any one has fixed or helped an acute situation like this with oral cortisone?  I am desperate after three weeks. I seem to have some fungal problem as well as its in my groin now and a little in my pubic area. Thank you for replying. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. 

Wilma

• Posted

Soft. I have had a gastric bypass and food flys through. 
    • Posted

I have accidently touched the unfollow button. How do i fix this?
  • Posted

where are you wilma? South Africa?

The hose idea is brill. spray from above downwards to clean so feaces are not spread to the vulva. Glad the stools are soft. Do keep up a high fluid diet.

are you exposed to chemicals? can you get away from remove these sources and take anti oxidants? can you collect rain water in a butt and siphon it up to your lavatory? I don't suppose you can also get hold of a water filter?

press again and you'll be following 

• Posted

I use baby wipes after toilet use. Tissue firtst and than the baby wipes.

I find it makes a big difference.  the print just changed on my computer?

I don't know what happened there.

• Posted

I would try Canesten antifungal this seems to work for me, and an emollient cream I use E45 intensive. I also use the E45 after a bowel movement to wipe myself as I have soreness around the rectum area. I hope this helps. You should also be able to buy something from the pharmacy for cystitis, that might help with the urine burning. I also use bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water if I feel an infection coming on. It tastes awful but works for me. Avoid alcohol and sugary food, also spicy food.
    • Posted

Hi Carmarie. 

Not sure what an emollient cream is but will look into it. I am already trying caneston cream the three day one. All the cream and ointments are very painful no matter what the type or brand. Thank you for your good advice. 

Wilma

• Posted

Hi Wilma,

Six months after I started treatment for LS I tried having sex and got a raging yeast infection. I was in a hurry and was worried about applying two meds at once, so I bought the three-day Canestan. Blowtorch city!! When I told my gynae about it she made a disgusted sound and said I should only use the slow Canestan. So, when I got another bout a month ago I bought the 6-day generic pack which didn't burn at all and worked perfectly by the end of the week. I have enough left in the tube that if (in my daily mirror inspection) I see those telltale white tidbits in my vagina I'm going to apply some with my fingers immediately. I find cold yogurt ever so soothing when things are on fire.

Plain organic (food quality) coconut oil has the consistency of shortening. I'd be surprised if that stings.

• Posted

Hi Morrell. 

Thanks for that advice. I actually used it again last night but only half of it and washed it off again this am. I actually devised my own bidet by strining up an enema bucket with a hose which has a tap and so far that has helped so much. Feel pretty clever. I am sure my husband will never feel safe in the bathroom again but he has a couple to choose from so im not worried. 

Thank you in future i will be sure to go the 6 day treatment. 

I make Kefir and reading it this morning discovered it also very soothing for thrush so going to try a little and see. 

Thanks for you help. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

You are clever! Kefir's probably even better than yogurt. My friend has a shower hose attached to a branch of her bathroom sink's faucet. It extends far enough for her to use it as a bidet over the toilet. I didn't think about it until we talked about the possibility that she has LS. I have another friend who has an actual bidet. But she's French-Canadian.
    • Posted

Yes just had the kefir maker i week and cant believe i threw out a cup of it yeaserday. I am thrilled with the improvised bidet. Only problem by the time i decide to go i need to be able not wet my self while filling it up to use before i sit. Nothing like running water to make you suddenly get desperate lol. Going to have to rethink that i think. I too have been looking at diet and currently avoid gluten as much as possible. Dont eat sugar. Eat a fair amount of fruit and yoghurt and fresh vegetable juice daily. 

Talk soon

Wilma. 

• Posted

Easy on the fruit. Suzanne and I just realized we'd both had flares during melon-gobbling season.

I'm not clear why you need to rinse before you pee. After, certainly.

• Posted

No dont rinse before i sit. Just need to fill the bucket before sitting which is hard when you are needing to pee. Running water always makes me need to pee more urgently. Lol. I mainly eat banana's and frozen berries at moment till our fruit grows. Almost bought a rock melon today though but still not ripe enough. Have kefir smoothie each day and yoghurt for sweets with frozen berries. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Ha! I was potty trained with running water and have the same problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.