Depressed and alone. My Dr's are young male and seem to have no idea

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my regular pap smear three weeks ago after about two months of using cortosone creame. I developed an Uti that night and now have been on a rolercoaster of being in pain down theresince. The anti bioticis did not clear up the uti and another course was prescribed along with some cream and suppositories for the pain in my rectal area. This cream and suppositories burnt me severely and caused fussure around my anus. Just passing urine is extreemly painful when it contacts these fissures. Using my bowels are murderous. Some one out there please help me find help.

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello Wilmatm

i use Doublebase gel for wahing vagina I am in UK are ?

if so you can obtain this on prescription

this was recommended to me by my gyneocologist

she also said no baby wipes only good soapowder non bio and only white toilet paper

i have followed her instructions and found these are all perfect also no trousers no knickers no pyjamas in other words keep the area free from any irritants

i am an elderly lady so i find no knickers no trousers no pyjamas a great  freedom

it is worth looking up Google about the Double Base gel i swear by it

try it and good luck

/

• Posted

Im in Australia. Remote small mining town. I will look into that gel. Thank you. I like the no knickers idea too. Lol. 
    • Posted

Aren't we lucky to be connected across such vast distances by this fabulous web site? I read a novel that was set in a place like your home, so I'm picturing the arid landscape vividly. Rain barrels aren't much help there, are they? Wiping after a poo with oily stuff spread on non-chemical toilet paper might be as good as or better than the shower. This of performers removing makeup with greasy tissues.
    • Posted

Guess what. I think you are spot on on the location. Also had a tremendous thunder and lightning storm last night so have water in dam for garden again and some in the water tanks. 

We grow our own vegies and some very drought reststent fruit trees. We are going to try a grove of pomygranite. Should be interesting. I set up an improvised bidet and its working miracles for me. I feel more confident about facing the computer ing summer heat. I need to heal enough to be able to swim in our local pool again. That has been my saving grace here in the heat. 

Thanks for your help. I actually dont feel so alone now. 

Wilma

• Posted

There's a TV series about a veterinarian in drought-blighted Australia, too. It addressed the experiments people are doing with fruit trees.

I'm a water baby, but I've decided to stay out of our clean rocky lakes when I have a fissure or redness. A bunch of us in this forum talked about swimming a while back. Chlorinated public pools were a risky business, we pretty much agreed. Easy to say after coming through a record cool, rainy summer. But I have a little rustic 'pond' (lined with plastic) in the deep shade. On a scorching day I can be cooled off by just putting my feet in in it.

• Posted

Ha ha. In middle of summer our cold water is too hot to stay under. There is no cold water here then. Our days get to low 50 deg celcius. Our nights dont get below 30 a lot of the time. I really need to be able to get into that pool to survive. I am going to stay positive and hope for the best. Our pool is incredibly well maintained and some days there would be lucky to be ten there during school hours. We have an aqua exercise program that only costs $4 including pool entry. Our grove will be little with maybe 10 to 15 trees but that is big scale for our harsh climate. Winter its below freezing many nights. But thankfully that is only three months. Summer is still a couple of months away but having days in low 30'ies already. I too am a water lover and have to swim. Sorry its late and im tired. 

Talk soon

Wilma. 

• Posted

I hear you. I would absolutely have to swim in that climate!
  • Posted

How terrible for you seem to be very remote Ihave used a lot of creams but I find Deprabase the best and cortisone ,

you can buy a small beda for the loo on eBay and it has helped me if it would be possible we perhaps could help you as I have lots of tubes of cream x

• Posted

You are very kind thank you for your offer.  I will researc the beda. 
    • Posted

this is so kind! I'm a bit concerned ....think wilma has got lost in the system. Will ask Alan, the moderator to maybe email her with instructions on how to get back!
    • Posted

Hi Marey/Wilma,

If you unfollow a discussion all you have to do is go to the top of the page and click "Follow this discussion" again to receive the notifications as Marey said further up this thread.

If any user thinks someone may "be lost" or need help then you can send them a PM with instructions if you know them or guide them to the Help section here http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Its wonderful and soothing. I devised a bidet with an enema bucket and hose with tap.  Your suggestion for me will be what gets me through the coming summer. 

Thank you. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Oh Wilma you are in a pickle - North West Australia at this time of year- i really dont envy you. With the lack of rain and water restrictions and temperatures set to rise to 40c + not fun AND with a Bah Humbug other half....!  Clean water is essential - can you boil and filter the bore water - i know bore water can be full of iron and salt- not a Good Idea.- but a drinking water filter kept for the sole pirpose of rinsing yourself after a pee or a poo may be the way forward - OR EVEN buy yourself a supply of bottled drinking water  for the short time you need it -

Do watch the dr Goldsteins lecture on the web It takes about an hour but explains so much that  even those who have had the condition for many years found really helpful The link is at the end of this thread

Sadly Doctors may not come across the condition very often and put The Itch down to thrush, my practice nurse says they(GPs) NEVER look at the area concerned - in fact it was the practice nurse who called the doctor to look at me as she had never seen an undercarriage like it before - and nor had he! So you are not alone in being let down by the doctors

How close are you to the township? is it easy to get to the hospital gynae or skin doctor? Do ask for a referral - do you have sufficient  health insurance?

PROTECT your vulva from urine at all times. You cant bathe - water restrictions however with your filtered water you may be able to sit in a bowl - not a dignified pose  and certainly NOT a Good Look - but effective  Soak for 20 mins pat dry - or blow dry with hairdryer GENTLY massage the steroid into the vulva for 90 seconds - a minute and a half. after 20 minutes apply the moisturises- essential for keeping the skin supple THEN a THICK barrier ointment - of your choice - many use vaseline others a zinc based nappy rash type. NEVER use any potion or lotion that has smellies / perfumes do not wash underwear in bleach or biological washing powder Try and use bleach free loo roll. When away fro home some people have a small bottle of water to spray themselves clean and another bottle of the moisturiser barrier ointments- i do

For the fissures aound the anus - same procedure

But do try and keep your  stools soft and formed - Faecal matter is full of digestive enzimes and will if finding  a raw area  just keep on digesting - or making it very sore. Urine that is strong burn more than weak urine so drink A LOT of clear fluids- sadly not beer or wine...! enough for the time being Do keep your pecker up And contact the other australians on the site a couple are in Melbourne and may be able to help more Check out the various threads and topics there is a lot of good advice - but you are very vulnerable and alone  try not be tempted by a quick fix - sadly there really isnt one we are in for the long haul and often we have to grit our teeth when applying the various  potions but they DO work eventually

Go commando  but wear a long skirt- but withthe naughty wee bugs you have perhaps VERY loose underwear and loose pants

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/dr-goldstein-lecture-271556

Take care Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.