Depressed and alone. My Dr's are young male and seem to have no idea

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my regular pap smear three weeks ago after about two months of using cortosone creame. I developed an Uti that night and now have been on a rolercoaster of being in pain down theresince. The anti bioticis did not clear up the uti and another course was prescribed along with some cream and suppositories for the pain in my rectal area. This cream and suppositories burnt me severely and caused fussure around my anus. Just passing urine is extreemly painful when it contacts these fissures. Using my bowels are murderous. Some one out there please help me find help.

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

After that very long answer i wanted to say you are not alone - sadly there are far too many of us and i think the medics are only just getting to grips withthehcondition. Many on this site check theri dietary habits - you may want to keep a food and drink diary and indicate your moods too Stress and unhappiness is a sure fired way to get a flare up suh as the one you are having so do try and find a way to laugh and smile and dont dwell  When the pain is grim take a pain killer tht suits you Try cod liver  oil capsules or similar a double blind study with acute inflammatory conditions needed half the amount of analgesics if they were regularly taking fish oil - full of omega s of one number or another and they are prime anti inflammatory agents Withthe food diary think about ways you can lighten you mood- try NOT to dwell on bad stuff - you are only reinforcing the painful experience - by dismissing it from t he mind you are helping your brain to cope with the discomfort. Another trick is to "love" another part of your anatomy - your arm or leg and gently smoothe it but imagining you are making the undercarriage happier. Try and get your other half to listen to the websire lecture - they may understand more what you are going through

AND dont forget to look at yourself regularly - get a shaving mirror and torch and really look to see what is happening My very best wishes

Sue - PS i am in the UK( I have visited Australia about 8 time in 6 years and 20+ in the past 30 years)

• Posted

Thank you Sue.  That was a lot of very good logical advise and i will look into the video too. I am feeling some what more confident now i have others to touch base with. Its so much to take in but really good advise. Thank you. 
  • Posted

Just a thought Wilma - if you can why not print of the page with all the advice from everyone - then you wont have to go on line everyt ime and  you can remember who said what to  your various queriesGood luck and let us know what you think of Dr G - i actually screen shot the slides and printed them off for my local surgery - you may think your young male GP should have this information - AND give him the web address

Good Luck

Sue

• Posted

Hi sue. Good idea about the printing. Love the Dr Goldstein talk. How great is he. I wrote down quite a bit and will go armed with it to my next Dr appointment. 

It 2 am nearly. But being School holidays we have an overload on the internt so tried befor i went to sleep. 

I just love the way every one helps each other oh an im just using my phone mostly so bit hard to check spelling and who said what. Now i just go to my email and respond to the comments made. 

Thanks heaps 

Wilma

• Posted

I use both desk top and Ipad and MY spell check- me - is lousy!

I have never heard of Kefir either as a drink or a potion! I am glad Dr G hit the button for you, at some stage you asked about emolient creams - they are creams and ointments that are water based and can be used for washing without the need for soaps

My sister had a stone fruit farm  north of Perth  South of Geraldton and we had to be up before dawn to get things done because of the heat - for you and the LS it must be a nightmare - do you have Aircon? Dont forget to REALLY use a LOT of barrier cream for swimming as  the chemicals can undo a lot of the good work I am so pleased that you have been helped by this site

Best wishes Sue

• Posted

Thanks Sue. 

What type of barrier creams do we use. Zinc would get over every thing and vasiline is petro chemical based. Would some thing like paw paw work?  

That area in WA is a beautiful area esp for growing fruit. Its my favourite place on this earth. I love the whole coast of Western Aus.  

Thanks for your help. 

Wilma

• Posted

Oh and yes finally last year we up graded the solar system so now i can use the air con. Last summer was the first year we have been able to use it and i have to say it makes life bearable so long as the temperature doesnt go over 48 deg celcius. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Lots of us use coconut oil. The cream and ointment I use are made by friends, both coconut oil based.
    • Posted

I cook with the oil but its already completely liquified. Noticed today. I am really going to have to think about something i can use to protect my skin so i can swim. 

Do you know what the ingredients for that cream are?  Might have to ask a health food store for some ideas. Also thinking of seeing a naturopath to help me with my immune system. There is one about three hours away from here who i have heard is very good. 

Thanks for your information. 

Every bit helps. 

Wilma

• Posted

Yes wil that would be the responsible thing to do. I'm struggling to remember my naturopathy bits and pieces.

iodine can also be helpful to detox from chlorine etc. 

• Posted

To be honest i wasn't worried so  much  about  pool toxins. I also have heavy metal poisoning and thats  what  worries me about a fast as it may be too hard on the liver. 

Hmm very tired. Off to sleep 

Talk soon. 

Wilma 

• Posted

I think she shaves some beeswax into coconut oil and cooks it awhile, (just from someone else talking about it). I imagine that's what gives it body. Our herb lady gives courses, but doesn't share recipes outside of that. Anyway, that's the silky cream. The plaintain 'ointment' I get is just vegetable oil. If you refrigerate olive oil, it becomes the consistency of my ointment.

• Posted

Morrell and Wilma--I get my natural beeswax/coconut oil/ shea butter product from a woman online who makes these, but she also gives the recipes and the sells the basic ingredients if people can't find it locally.  I can send a private message to anyone who would isn't able to find the link online.  I use the product on my hands and feet, but I suppose I should try it as a barrier before peeing, too.  --Suzanne  
    • Posted

It sounds a lot like my stuff. I do think you should try it as your barrier.

Another vote for how well cutting down on sugar works against inflammation: My husband's polyps are going fast. He attributes this to three months of steroid nasal spray, but I think half of it is his eating far less sugar, which he's been doing to lose a bit of weight as instructed by his nurse practitioner for heart health. Last summer there were melons, but there were also pies, butter tarts, ice cream, chocolate slabs, etc. It's as though he was given a nose transplant! My LS is pretty much in remission, but I'm still doing twice a week soaks + clob. Last night I realized I was a day late. This has happened a couple of times, meaning I'm not getting the usual signal from below that it's time. I may go to once a week in a month or so...

• Posted

That's an amazing story about your husband!  Yes, I've been coming to appreciate the extent of the problem that too much sugar causes, too!
    • Posted

Oh silly me. I never realised you use the ointment prior to going to toilet for protection.  I am also wondering with all these lotions and barrier creams how you protect your clothing esp if no knickers are worn. 

I am also interested in the recipes you are offering for skin protection. I am finding anything commercially made has preserves etc and for me they are not good. 

Thanks Suzanne

Wilma. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.