Depressed for a year now

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to be here anymore. What's here for me? What am I on this earth for? To be alone forever? To struggle until I'm dead. I'm 24. Never been in a relationship. Depressed. Worry about everything, have bad anxiety, no friends, no job. Haven't had a job for 8 months now, have had one interview. One. Out of 35+. I'll never have a career. I'm afraid of life and I don't know what to do anymore

4 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Amy, how are things going? I always have my ups and downs. I really like Wayne's commet. It was like mine. (hehe).

I see you tried a therapist and did not like her methods. You MUSTmake a doctor's appt. immediately and maybe he or she knows a therapist. Remember I told you may not click and have to keep trying. Make the doctor's appt today. I'll check back with you.

XOXO

• Posted

Hey sashagirl, it was. Yeah I don't know anymore. I have this feeling of wanting to move far away but have no way of doing that with no money. I just don't want to be here anymore. I'm always just down all the time. And have no friends to hang with to take my mind off things. I will, i'll have to make it on monday when they open. I always go to do it and then the next day ill feel a little better so I decide not to. 

• Posted

Hey Amy, since we are Internet friends now, my name is Rene' and I am 55 years old. Please LISTEN. You can move to the new universe that scientists have recently discovered and guess what would come with you..... your anxiety and depression? It is part of you just like a patient who has cancer. You can't hide. You MUST DEAL!!! You MUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I am not going to lie. It's a bitch. Sometimes it's a real bitch and sometimes it is a little less bitchy but it is always a bitch. Get to the doctor immediately. Run everyday. Do yoga

• Posted

Sorry I was not done. Meditate. Find anything that will help a little. STAY BUSY. Amy, I know how hard it is. I know the deep hole you are in. I trip and still fall in. I was going along fine and two months ago I fell hard. I knew that I could stay that way or dig hard, even if it was with my fingernails. I do I have myself on a routine. My clock is set for 6 am. I meditate for 20 min. before I get out of bed. I eat a good breakfast even when I have no desire to look at food. I read for an hour then I do an hour of yoga. Then I journal for 30 to 45 min. I go to my mom's and read the paper. I am too cheap to buy it. We talk and watch the news and then we make plans, we might make lunch or dinner together. If she doesn't want to do anything I may go on the computer for awhile, take a walk and we have a book store here called Barnes & Noble and you can read new issues of any magazine you can think of. You havee to make a schedule so your schedule doesn't turn into sitting on the couch watching TV. Make a schedule for tomorrow and I will check in with you.XOXO

• Posted

Yes I managed to make the move and now I am more calm and Happy. The main problem we all have when we move on is we take our bodies with us and still have our health problems, although the base of our troubles seems to be put in a locked box

Moving is not the answer when we allow past memories follow us. I have disapeared from those who were aggrivating my condition, we are still the same person at our new address and you need to understand that

B.

• Posted

Hi Amy. Just checking in. How did your weekend go?
  • Posted

Hey Amy, it's Rene. Are you okay?

• Posted

Hey Rene. I'm okay, last couple days have just been hard, everything is just getting to me. I do really need to make an appointment, i'm just scared. And then I feel like I shouldnt when I have an okay day. And just the stress of not finding a job and wanting to move away from everything. And also the feeling of hating myself, I really can't stand myself and when i get into that mood its hard to get out of and I say really horrible things. Just need help with the way i think i suppose.

Thanks for asking

• Posted

Hi Amy. I am sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner. I have the flu. I feel like a truck ran over me then just for kicks backed over me. I feel like I may be human again in the next few days.

Please stop finding excuses to not make aa doctor's appt. You know you are depressed and it's been far to long. Just bc you feel a little better on some days doesn't mean you are better. If you physically can't do it have someone close to you do it and maybe that person might have to drive you to your first couple of appt's. Don' t be afraid to reach out to those who love you. If you can't ask your family ask a friend.

XOXO

• Posted

What happened? Don't understand.....

• Posted

Sorry I said I was 55. I thought you would take advice from someone who is older. I did not mean to make things worse for you. I was so stupid. I am still young and don't think things. through. Please forgive me and give me a chance.

• Posted

Hi Amy,

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I've been through the same thing, and continue to deal with it everyday.

It always helped me to realize that a lot of people have problems as well, even though their Facebook profiles look so glamorous. Another thing that really helped me was ADHD medication - it's helped me be more productive, sociable, and somewhat happier at times. I went completely through college with ADHD and never knew it - poor grades, poor social life, poor job performance after I graduated, etc. When I was treated for it, a lot of things changed...

• Posted

Hi Amy: Often times I feel like I don't want to be here anymore either.  You're only 24 year old and have your entire life ahead of you. Why do you say that you will never have a career? Many people have been unemployed for years and finally have gotten a job! The part about not having friends.  Good friends are very hard to find? Why are you afraid of life? Are you sufferring from anxiety and depression? I would very much like to know how you're feeling today? Please let me know?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.