depression

Posted , 9 users are following.

ten commandments for reducing stress! 1, i will not be perfect.nor even try. 2, i will not try to be all things to all people 3, i will not leave things undone that ought to be done 4, i will not spread myself too thin 5, i will learn to say no 6 i will schedule time for my self and supportive network 7, i will switch off and do nothing regularly 8, i will be boring, inelegant, untidy and unattractive at times 9, i will not feel guilty 10, i will not be my own worse enemy but my best friend.

4 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you so much I will share it with those who need it 

i hope you soon no feel depresse at all <3 >

• Posted

I'm currently on 100 mgs of Zoloft 2x's a day and 300 mgs of Wellbutrin once a day.  My reason for taking these drugs is for chronic pain.  Being in pain 24/7 is a hard thing to deal with, but I've no choice.  My doctor wanted me to start on these meds to help me deal with this.  I put it off for so long that one day I finally broke down and called from a store I was in and asked for the meds immediately.  I wasn't prepared that it didn't kick in immediately.  The side effects were making me second guess my decision but after about a month, it all fell into place.

I feel for all of you and myself for having to deal with any kind of depression.  Because of a loss of a partner or chronic pain, it's all real and it's all worth dealing with.

There are so many more people walking around in total denial of being depressed.  But many are.  It's fortunate for us that we chose to deal with our depression, as hard as it may be.

Well wishes to all of you and hoping you all start to be on the mend soon.

Hugs,

Frustrated

• Posted

I love this and need this , thankyou!
    • Posted

Sarah, HI!

Can you share anything with us that you may need some help or just vent and get something off your chest with us?

Would love to hear and hopefully add something that may be of help to you.

Warmly

Frustrated

• Posted

no 1. works well for me. when on stress mode, i close my eyes and take a deep breath, look into a mirror  and force a smile while saying this line, "i love what i have, i love myself and i don't realy care if i failed or do something wrong, for i am not perfect. Like someone else, i have flaws and i am proud of it" done, then i found myself smiling without forcing it.
    • Posted

no one is perfect we all have flaws as long as your not hurting others or your self . people with anxiety/depression can be come perfectnist which will cause anxiety/ depression! we are human but allways follow your dream . but takes small steps! we are awesome 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.