Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

OK so I have suffered with depression for years but recently it has gotten a lot worse, I am not on any medication because they would react to my neuralgia medication. I want to go and speak to my doctor about it but don't want to wait till next week, my suicidal thoughts are getting worse, what can I do?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You should make an emergency appointment first thing in the morning, get on the phone as soon as your GPs surgery phone line opens,, press redial until you get through smile
  • Posted

they won't let me see my Doctor though, that's the main issue. There are 4 doctors at the surgery but I can only openly talk to one of them, I had a huge issue with one of the other doctors just over a week ago she didn't read my notes and accused me of not knowing anything about my medications and told me to just stick to seeing the one doctor from now on, I don't have a problem with that but the receptionists do and my doctor is a favorite among patients so she's Always really busy
  • Posted

Charming Doctor rolleyes What else can you do but bite the bullet and see one of these other moody Doctors, I mean this depression is (I assume) new and disturbing, it may be an adverse side effect of your other medications,, in my book suicidal thoughts trump the suggestions of some moody asshole neutral
  • Posted

Maybe you can arrange to talk to your most favored GP on the telephone and let her decide what's what smile
  • Posted

Its not new, but it is worse because of new meds smile I think I'm going to request an urgent call back from her, she knows how my head works (good job cause i don't :p)
  • Posted

That's the spirit, YOU decide when and who you are going to see or talk to not them wink
  • Posted

Well, any luck ??? smile
  • Posted

hello, Well i can only reply as I think best as someone who also has been in your boat with depression and suicidal thoughts but I am also a practice nurse inanother surgery. Its so hard to push past receptionists especailly when life seems tough and you dont have the energy to fight them for an appointment. explain that you have been told to see this specific doctor but the other doctor (name them, it alwys help) and if she isnt able to give you an appointment, just go and see another doctor. Alternatively if you get no joy as to see the nurse. I have had people come to see me as the only way in to see the doctor ad yes , we do have , and we do have a shortcut to the doctors if we feel the pateint needs to be seen that day. Mental health and depression is a hard thing to deal with but your safety is of everyones concern and sometimes, you need some help to deal with it. I am find now I am on medication but at my worst, especially in the night , i emailed the samarians and got alot of support from them. I coudlnt feel able to talkt o them but emailing was a great way to get me through a very tough time when access to my gp, seemed imposiible. Take care and keep plugging away to get that appointment x
  • Posted

Hey guys no luck as yet, in the end I've had to e-mail yep e-mail the surgery to ask for help which is really irritating because I can now nearly guarantee that my specific doctor will try and call me tomorrow whilst I'm in my first job interview in over a year sad if she thinks I'm being serious x
  • Posted

Glad to hear about the job interview biggrin Sorry to hear about this GP debacle neutral
  • Posted

Well I'm still waiting rolleyes good job I'm too scared to commit suicide but I am on the verge of a breakdown rolleyes n thanks smile.
  • Posted

Won't be hearing anything from them today, they closed even earlier than normal I know suffering with depression I can be an awkward patient because I visit fortnightly (due to neuralgia and being blinded from shingles in one eye last year and various other conditions) but this is taking the micky
  • Posted

Well I've requested a call back from the doc let's see where this gets me...
  • Posted

8) What a bl**dy disgrace !!! !!! evil sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.