Depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

after many attempts, being now told by psychiatrist he has tried so many anti deps and i am intolerant to them all, including cbt. he says i just need to live with what i have and use my own skills to deal with problem. he has given me diazepam for anxiety and thats it. feel a bit short changed but can see why hes come to this conclusion. i wake each day down and with nightmares, then can be a bit better by teatime. has anyone had a similar experience?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried TMS? or BIO IDENTICAL HORMONES? they saved my life. I am 42.

• Posted

not yet but im very interested in TMS can you give me info on experience? how do i access bio identical hormones.

• Posted

cbt isn't good for everyone. have you asked about support for ptsd? i only ask because this is often missed and is a common problem for people who have depression and is so easily missed! ask for blood tests for.b12, folates, iron and MAGNESIUM. these are often low in depressed people. mine is caused by undiagnosed coeliac disease. push for some tests. you never know what you may found out it could be fixable and easily.

• Posted

TRUTH. we need vitamin B 12 or complex. also i get B-12 shots. I TAKe OMEGA3 and EPA AND DHA.

Magnesium is very important.

TMS is easy and was good for me. BUT BIO-Identical hormones i went to DR. GROSSMAN here in IRVINE. where I currently live . I am on testosterone and progesterone. and in 7 days i felt the difference. I AM happy about lige and feel likd myself again. I AM also taking long brisk walks. No more crying and excessive sleeping.

• Posted

i assume you live in usa? i will ask my dr here in uk about these supplements. i am now having irritable bladder without a uti and wonder if its related .

• Posted

thanks for the advice, i am going to push for the right treatment now. just discovered this is coeliac disesse. no wonder i've felt so pants! i will now make sure i get what i need considering it has been so wrong for the 12;years they have misdiagnosed with ibs. this is malnourishment!

• Posted

yes ANN I live in USA. IS this site only for people who live in the UK?

• Posted

no, its for everyone, its just there seems to be a difference in the way we get treatment in each country for certain conditions. i have asked gp here for blood tests, she says thyroid already done but will do a vit d3 and a magnesium one. it is 50 miles to the TMS clinic, so not so easy for me. my dr was sceptical it would work, do you think many people get help from it? would it be practical to travel that far every day after it or does it make you feel sick?

• Posted

anne i wake up screaming with night terrors and just about in the same boat as you.the drs just give up been on every antidepressants done enough cbt and just been discharged again .the one last thing im hoping for is ect slthough just been told its not suitable for me ,i have researched it and seen it transform peoples lives whilst in hospital so im having one last attempt and writing to the actual dr who does it in my area and going to beg him to let me have the great ment if not i give up as not living a life just existing and had enough .

• Posted

i completely understand what you say. it is so hard when psych tells you you do not warrant a treatment and you know in yourself you are not right. they dont seem to comprehend our problem. i am also told there is nothing except anxiety yet i wake groaning every morning early, sleep is bad. the only thing saving me at moment is diazepam and thats not a good thing. i wonder if ect is my last resort, let me know how you get on

• Posted

Possible causes include a combination of biological, psychological and social sources of distress. Increasingly, research suggests that these factors may cause changes in brain function, including altered activity of certain neural circuits in the brain.

The persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that characterises major depression can lead to a range of behavioural and physical symptoms. These may include changes in sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behaviour or self-esteem. Depression can also be associated with thoughts of suicide.

The mainstay of treatment is usually medication, talk therapy or a combination of the two. Increasingly, research suggests that these treatments may normalise brain changes associate

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

A intellectual fitness ailment characterized by means of constantly depressed mood or loss of hobby in sports, inflicting good sized impairment in day by day lifestyles..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.