Depression after THR

Posted , 15 users are following.

I'm only 10 days out from THR. But this morning I just started crying for no reason! I'm always on the go and knowing I can't do much with this 90 degree thing is already getting to me. I have started to walk unassisted but it is hard when my new hip side leg is longer thand the other. Pulling lots of muscles trying to walk with out a limp.

Patients I do lack!

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yep l am afraid thats how your recovery works one week you think l am doinh great and then a great wave of depression suddenly hits you and you have a few days crying feelinh sorry for yourself then all of a sudden it goes away it is a rollercoaster ride and nobody understands it like us hippies. This forum was the best thing that happened to me through my 2 thr's. It will help you loads.

Laura

X

• Posted

Thank goodness I found this thread! Ditto all of the above! Two weeks ago I had my left hip replaced and I've spent days sobbing since! It's helped to realise that there are others out there going through the same thing. I guess I was so geared up for getting through the operation I naively thought the recuperation would be easy! How wrong I was! It's not helped by only being able to sleep for an hour at a time, (3am as I write this!). Thank joy everyone for reassuring each other and me - so these feelings are fr

Are far from unusual. Good luck everyone! Keep smiling and progressing ?

• Posted

Morning Jixipix -- I think lack of sleep has lots to do with it.  I've been awake since 3am too!  I tossed and turned (actually tossing and turning is impossible with the hip precautions so I sort of twitched and stirred) until 5 and then got out of bed.    So thankful for this forum -- fun to get on and read the posts at that time of day!          I'm week 5 and I must say it just gets easier and easier and better and better.  But a slow process for sure. Hugs, Leslie

• Posted

Oh thank you Leslie, it really does help to know there

Are others going through the same feelings, hugs back at you, xx

• Posted

hi jixipix, 

warm welcome to this wonderful hippies forum where personal stories and experiences are shared - 

post-op blues is something most of us go through but is rarely mentioned -

Maybe you can start your own discussion so other members can respond - you are not alone, darling -

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.