depression and alcoholism

Posted , 15 users are following.

This is very hard for me to do and admit so please do not judge. For the past few years ive suffered badly with depression and i started drinking to mask how i was truely feeling. Over the past few months my drinking has spiraled out of control and yesterday i was arrested for being drunk while incharge on my child. my boys have gne to live with there dad so i can get the help that i need. Im clinically depressed and suffering badly with the alcohol. Im drinking straight brandy 1st thing in the morning. I would never put my children in any harm. i drink to forget the bad thinigs that have happened in  my life. im so lost right now with out my children and all i can think about is alcohol, but i have to stay dry to get my boys back home. i have no family around me to support me through this and im struggling already, i can barely hold a cup with out spilling it as my shakes are really bad. As its bank hols i cant get to my doctors till tuesday for help and im so worried il drink before i can recieve any meds. im asking for peoples help to make me strong enough to get through this as im so alone and scared. losing my kids has been one of the hardest things to go through and its all down to this terrible disease. any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HOw are you keeping Jojo?? Better? Just wondering after 2 months..Regards Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.