Depression and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everybody new to this forum I am suffering from depression and anxiety at times and used citalopram from last 4.5 weeks but with no such good results I am bit health anxiety case my question is can somebody relate to me here within a day few times at least I feel I will come of this depression and anxiety and will leave my life again and than the same day I will feel no I will never come out of it is that normal ? Can anybody relate? Am I bipolar with rapid cycle ?but I don't have any mood swings prior this depression and anxiety came to my life 6weeks ago and even my depression and anxiety was not that bad before I went to these medication I don't know please can anybody help pleaseeee!!!!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Leo. Firstly, Citalopram is a slow release medication and can sometimes take an age to have an effect so it may be good to persevere. On the other hand you could as you mention be Bipolar (have you discussed this with your doctor) if this is the case then Citalopram could be taken alongside another medication or as a replacement you could be given something such as Lithium (Look it up) which I took most successfully. See what your doctor has to say.

You say that depression came to your life 6 weeks ago - what triggered it?

• Posted

Hi gwen nothing triggered it that's where my worries are just came from no where but I never had mood swings ever in my life and today went to private physiatrist and after longggg history he said no you haven't have bipolar and saying it's my anxiety which is negative thoughts and depression is causing it but all I need is to get out of this that's all whatever it is !!!! When I said mood swing means between feeling hopeless and thinking no I will fight it out !!! Trust me 6 weeks ago my depression/ anxiety was minor but these tablets in last nearly 5 weeks kill my resistance means fighting power!!!!
  • Posted

Thank you everybody for ur love and assurance ,much appreciated
  • Posted

Hi Leo, what dosage are you on for citalopram I'm anxiety/depression and am on 20mg which see's me right seldom anxiety and no depression really just side effects which are low in comparison. I suggest seeing your doctor re-diagnosis was it an event that cause the depression is it in the family all things you need to consult with doc. everyone on here to some extent have these issues and they are not pleasant however your half way there my friend get assessed properly stick with the meds as I have only heard a couple of negative things about citalopram most feedback is side effects and withdrawals if term was long otherwise very good medication. take care stay positive you will get thru! good luck keep us posted.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.