depression and anxiety despair

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on sertraline for 2 weeks now, first week only took half a tablet of 50mg, now for 10 days I've taken the the full 50mg, I hardly sleep, wake up every morning with panic/ anxiety , and very low mood. I cry and feel despair, can anyone relate, and has anyone got a success storey of this debilitating

Illness I dont know I I can cope anymore. Been given diazipam, but Dr said she wont be giving me anymore, I'm crying my eyes out, I'm not the person I used to be 2 months ago, I feel so bad for my kids that they have a mother like this now, will I get better, plz somone give me hope. Thanks

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello

​also try leave caffine alone, green tea is good but i hate the taste, tesco sleeping pills work wonders for me , off them now but in the early days they were great and there fine with sertraline,

• Posted

Tesco sleeping pills, ok, Dr has given me some called zop somthing, cant remember , but dont want to be on too much meds , so I will try rescue remedy, is that ok to have in the morning? I'm getting blood test done tomorrow to check vitamin levels, ibreqlly jad to push for it, I also paid a chinise herbalist to do vitamin check too, I get those results on wed, so i will let you know the outcome! Dunno if its worth it, but we have to try everything. I want to get hormone levels checked too, I will ask Dr. But Drs just dont belive in all that, that's the impression I get anyway?
    • Posted

Hi,

I presume you mean the Dr has given you zoplicone - 'zop something' - this is an addictive tranquilizer, and if you take it for more than a few weeks you can easily become addicted to it. Take the amount recommended by your'e Dr for a few weeks, but just be sure your'e Dr knows that you know its addictive.   I know people who are addicted to it, and there are plenty of posts on this website from people who are struggling to come off it. 

I dont understand why you say Drs dont believe in getting hormone levels checked. Have you been sent for any blood tests recently?  The thyroid can easily become either over active or underactive for example, and cause huge changes physically and emotionally which are very frightening.  I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid about a year ago, and put on thyroxine for it, and after a few months I was experiencing huge anxiety levels so stopped taking it. I told my doctor, and after regular thyroid tests was found to have normal thyroxine levels again.   Most of the women on my maternal side of my family have this problem abd take thyroxine, so I wasnt suprised when I was put on it, but if you dont need it, it makes you very ill and anxious.  I dont need it anymore, thats for sure.    Thats why I keep saying - get hormone levels checked.  They can affect your'e moods and behaviour very dramatically.

• Posted

Yes that's the sleeping tablet she gave me, I have only taken it once, I go to the gym in the evening to tier my self out, its when I wake up, I'm a mess, my aunty has overactive thyroid and had awful experiance, she was convinced I had the same as we are very alike, so I asked to haVe thyroid checked,came back normal! What I mean is Drs dont start off with checking these things, they just put me straight on AD.
    • Posted

Haven't slept more than an hour all night, head feels heavy, but my mind is racing, I'm going to have an awful day if i dont get at least couple hours sleep now. I dont know weather to take some diazipam or just try again to sleep naturally, and if not, just gonna have to get through the day, and take a,sleeping pill tonight????
    • Posted

Feeling like I want to die, I'm soooo down, I just want these meds to work 😢😢 I cant take anymore feeling like this
    • Posted

I have been going through this really bad for the last 2 months, debilitating anxiety and panic attacks. I went to the hospital 4 times I couldn't cope and thought I was dying. I tried 3 different antidepressants and stopped them all after a few days bc I couldn't handle feeling any worse then I already did. I went back the hospital last week I felt so bad and they told me if I wanted to feel better I had to stay on a medication suffer through the side effects and they would go away within 2 weeks or I could continue like this. I was s9 desperate I agreed and have stayed on sertraline for 6 days now. I was so nauseous couldn't eat and my anxiery increased even more. They gave me Ativan to take twice a day until the side effects got better. Today is the first day I didn't wake up and vomit. I hope it continues to get better but I am only taking 25 mg and have to increase to 50mg. I'm scared the side effects will come back and I will be sick again when I take the 50mg. Did you feel better on 25 mg? Or did it just get worse when you went to 50mg?
    • Posted

I felt the same on 25, as 50mg to be honest, I know the feeling though, its awfull, the I dont know what's worse the anxiety or the depression, I'm on second week of 50mg, I still feel awful in the mornings, as day progresses I get a lot calmer some evenings feeling my self, but I'm determined to stick to these meds , I hope they work, cos I

Really want to get better. I take diazipam to relieve the anxiety a bit. But I was given some good advice on here to ask for something different , less adictive, also someone on here , suggested the rescue remedy, I think I wil buy this today. Its soooo sooo hard, my Dr will be upping my dose in 2 weeks I think, so I'm scared too. When are going on 50mg?

• Posted

hi lattifa

​try not to worry, not easy i know, but you are going throu what most do, i understand 100% how your feeling right now, ask your doctor if there suitable for you to have some propranolol 40mg 1 per day and see how you go, he will check to make sure your blood pressure is ok first and a cple of other things, let me give you an example, sertraline 50mg 4 weeks now on 100mg and have been for maybe 3 months, then added propranolol 40mg when i needed tham if i felt i was going to feel crap basically, doc said i still had anxiety issues but no way as bad so said i need 1 40mg propranolol each day, first wekk felt a little nausea but that was it, then things started to settle down even more, so i thought after a few weeks to try and come off the prop, i cut the tablet in half and took 20mg each day, after 5 days i was not the same a little upset and a little head pressure which would not go away and feeling a little fed up, then had a minor breakdown at my mums in tears for 10 mins, then picked up, so mu wife suggested i go back to 40mg of prop and within 24 hours felt great again and have been since,so what i am implying is for me the sertraline and proranolol worked well together, it could do the same for you, dont forget it not only helps with anxiety but it slows the heart rate down so you dont get the panic attacks and has many other useful additions, talk to your doc he will advise best for you, no one should suffer in silence when there is help out there,

​i remember when i had to do all my own research because i could not get a doctor to come out and visit, i was too ill to leave the house so i had to sort myself out,checked my own BP ,  checked my how blood oxygen levels , even checked my own poo, really, yes i was so concerned over everything and because the doctors failed to show i had no other options, they said i was too young for a home visit and i wasn't bed ridden, but strange thing is i was bed ridden.anyway 6 months on and hopefully put all this behind me, trust me many times i thought about ending it all but i was a coward, and i did have 3 grown up children to think about. many times you will cry thinking i can't go on anymore , but you will , you have to for yourself and family, even when you cry after a few mins you should start to feel a little better , then later on it happens again, most of us go throu this time and time again, dont worry your going to get there, take care   ,

• Posted

Tank you Wayne, I dont know what i would do with out you're support, you are helping me loads, so basically 3 or 4 weeks on 50mg sertraline is not going to cure me is it, doc needs to increase, I need to ask about the proponal.

One thing I wanted to ask, is it a normal part of depression to constantly be thinking about my depression? Even when I'm feeling ok in the evening trying to watch tv or have a conversation,its always on my mind, or is this another mental disorder? My anxiety is q lot to do with me thinking I'm going insaine. You have been through so much, and are very strong to have done all that research your self, I'm always on this site, I try not to google stuff, as you know it can be scary. I'm so angry with illness, I know its affecting my kids, my sob really upset me yesterday, he's,16, takes me to the gym , but yesterday he just got frustrated and said, mum you need to stop this now, you need to get on with life and stop walking around doing nothing with your day, go back to work think positive. I got upset because I want to do that more than he knows. I needed to get that off my chest. Thank you Wayne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.