depression and Prostatitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would like to ask if the members here with Prostatitis are suffering depression.

The reason I ask is because the surgery phoned and said that it was a symptom that goes with the disease and there was a counselling clinic and did I want to join.

After the call it made me think that I am and have been for a while ( maybe the lack of sleep wears one down) just wondering what others think.

regards

Howard.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Forgive me if I am wrong Howard but humour aside I sense that you really are quite low in spirit at the moment.  My reasoning is that if your GP made no comment during the consult but subsequently the Practice rings you suggesting counselling for depression, then there was a belated awareness and concern for you.

Irrespective of that,  your one-liner to me rather points to your residual state.

And so my friend...it is time to stop the joking.

And get some professional help.

From now on and until you are very much recovered or even at all,  you must on no account flirt with concepts of self-harm whether it be personal,  or vicarious tales of misadventure.  It is an absolute ' no no '  in your current state of mind to hear yourself articulate the issue.

Yes,  Prostatits, PC and the like ARE psychologically debilitating.  Period.  But not un- overcome - able.  It hits us all hard at one point or another.  But the Human Spirit is wonderfully resilient and you WILL triumph over your adversity.

I hope that I have not over-dramatised this but you need help and I sincerely hope you will waste no time in obtaining it.

With Kind Regards,

Dudley 

• Posted

Thank you for your concern dudley but I am not contaplating self harm.

The only concern that is worring me is that it effecting my Wife and

putting a lot on her shoulders, ( I've always been the strong one )

I feel now that I'm old and quite worthless as a man ( having to go around with a foley pushed inside my John Thomas, ( I'm sure when or if it gets sorted things will be ok. )

thank's again.

kind regards

Howard.

• Posted

Not worthless Howard...just unwell.  

I am pleased to know you are coping because like yourself and Derek I could tell a couple of true stories about proximity to suicide ( neither brought on by me ! )  that still traumatise me, if I think about them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.