Depression because of pain, any pain solutions?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am fearful, every time I urinate. Some have mentioned pain medication. What would help in terms of pain medication , without drying out, which just makes the LS worse. Any suggestions? Also urine is making inflammation worse. Anyone dealing with fissures. I would also like to know of any barrier topicals to keep the urine off the skin.  Thank you

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get fissures - very painful - and heal them with first-aid ointment such as Bacitracin, the kind containing the pain relief ingredient.
    • Posted

These fissures surround the perineal area and this usage was rx'd by my gyn. But, I'd have no qualms about using either Bacitracin or Neosporin in the vaginal area, and when I mentioned that, she said some women do if it helps them. Ask your doc.
  • Posted

I also used lidocane when I had the tears as well as Vagisil. They were temporary relief and ultimately getting LS under control is important. I also used a heating pad between my legs for the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.