depression really sucks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive been depressed for a long time now and the medication that i have taken has never worked, i feel like im getting worse and that there is nothing i can do to stop myself getting worse. Ive only told my close friends about it as i struggle to open up to people and its taken all my strength and courage to write this. My  friends that know about it can see im struggling and can see that im getting worse and for their sake i dont want to hurt them anymore, if anyone can give me some advice or give me something to help then i would very much appretiate it as im struggling so much now just to stop my head thinking bad thoughts

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think u need to talk to ur doctor cliche i know but medication does help, but remember it only helps you, it doesnt cure you! U need to try and find the strength and will power within urself to get up and get the jobs done..

but i also think that u need to try opening up to ur loved ones, u wouldnt believe how much they will understand and try and help u through ur tough time..

Like urself my friend has suffered depression since early teens.. she has slept for most of her life. Shes anti social but i lovee her so much, i rarely see her because she tends to shut herself out too and i wish that she wouldnt! She is missing out on so much and u are too..

i know this is easier for me to say as my depression is not as severe as both of you so i cannot truely understand.. but i know the feeling of being alone oh so well, especially now as im getting older and all my friends are settled.. but i still have them and i tell them everything.. ur not alone so try not to isolate urself.. the 1st step is interacting with loved ones, open up and cry.. u need to let it all out and find out wer its coming from.

Then reward urself by treating urself to something u want or something u want to do.. go bungee jumping! Eff it! We only have one life guys and no one is going to drag us out our beds and out of this horrible rut we are in.. we need to fight this horrible infection that is manipulating our brains into thinkin we r no good.

Coming from me, whos not left her bed in weeks may i add lol!

Only we can help ourselves really.. we just need to try and remember that we are worthy as much as everyone else is..

I hope my words can help even a little bit and i hope u feel better soon! Find urself, if u have no motivation to move then draw (sketch) from ur bed or read books, i find crosswords help me.. because its making me use my brain and think of other things

Xxx

• Posted

i cant open up to them, i cant with anyone i know as i dont trust them and i never will, im struggling to open up on here and its killing me to do so

im not missing out on anything as nobody talks to me let alone invites me places

ive tried to but i just get angry and then cant function anymoe and am no use to anyone

i try to but i cant as im isolated where i am there is no way of getting out for me unles someone takes me somewhere

i try reading but then the words just disapper and i cant do anything but stare at a blank page and just think bad thoughts x

• Posted

Sorry i just realised u didnt say anything about suffering from early teens! That must have been another story i just read xx
    • Posted

no i have been suffering since i waas about 10 and im 17 now x
  • Posted

Hi, Matt:  I am so very sorry that you are suffering in silence.  Depression has a mind of its own and to me, it's the one thing next to what I think hell would be like.  I suffered so many years by just going to counceling.  I live in the United States, and we have these clinics you can go to and get in groups.  I got worse and worse, until I found a wonderful psychiatrist...She worked with me on putting several meds together.  My meds are Luvox, Xanax, and Cymbalta.  That is what works for me, and now I am happier than ever. Of course I have my setbacks and feel depressed from time to time.  What you have is clinical depression, and that calls for antidepressants and not just counceling...you have little waves that go back and forth in your brain.  When you are depressed, they go down into a gap.  You need antidepressants to pull the seratonin back up out of the gap.  They are uplifters.  I urge you to find a doctor who specializes in depression and not just a doctor who whats to get you out of the office as fast as they can.  I hope this helps, and please let me know....HUGS.
    • Posted

ill try to find someone but im slowly just giving up and i dont want to give up but i can feel myself and its the worst feeling ever x
  • Posted

Hi Matt3r,

I have had similar emotions: depressed, angry, and feeling this way about life. I have made myself a "toolbox" of items that have helped me over time to use when I feel overwhelmed by life events. Some soothing, and helpful items to utilize when you feel this way are: 1) tuning forks, 2) soothing music, 3) change in diet (cut out some bad items like soda, or some junk foods), 4) journaling 5) talking with others 6) walk around the park 7) prayers 8) connect with others at social events 9) box of affirmation cards (amazon sells afirmation cards), 10) self love 11) cultivate hobbies and interests 12) vitamins and supplements. I hope these "tools" help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.