dermovate ointment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm newly diagnosed to this particular nightmare and this forum is the only place where i can get any information or help, I'm so glad it exists! I've been using the ointment for nearly a month now and I'm getting sore red patches on the healthy skin at the top of my inner thighs and around the schlerotic skin around my anus. Is this caused by the ointment bleeding out in the night to the healthy skin and buring it? I'm menapausal so i sweat a lot at night and wonder if this is what's making the ointment spread out. Plus the bad areas continue to get more sore despite the ointment. Is this normal? And everything is still dissappearing too........... quite qickley. Is this also normal once you've started treatment? I'm waiting for an operation to remove a VIN and i don't think I can get to see the geany until then. Also, do any of you have any theories about the cause of this being down to trauma? Like non consenting sex i mean. Mine started around my anus and i wonder if a nasty experience there many years ago is what triggered this LS.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

JANE46246

HI....TRYING TO FIND RELEVANT LINKS FOR YOU! THIS WAS ONE...WILL KEEP SEARCHING....AM NOT GREAT AT TECH STUFF EITHER!! love marey x

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I'm sending you what links I can find! These will await moderation before getting to you...but as they were provided by the moderator himself(!!)....I assume they will eventually come through!  Prob won't be til Tues now when working day resumes!

Love marey x

• Posted

Thanks very much Marey, i will check them out when they arrive.
  • Posted

Hi girls,

still having big computer problems. Sorry for lack of contact, that's why. The terrible burning sensation has stopped now, but now all around my anus the skin has gone white (different from the pigment loss which happened already) and hard and crinkly and it's starting to crack and it's sore. Is this the LS or a reaction to the ointment? If it's the LS will it spread to my whole vulva? It's horrible..............

• Posted

Jane can you just confirm that it is Dermovate OINTMENT that you are using and not cream.
  • Posted

I don't know if this discussion is still live. I started Dermovate 11 days ago and I would say my symptoms are worse. I now seem to be getting white edges on my labia minor and the fragile edges of the hood of my cliterous. Does anyone know if this is an allergic reaction? I was so hoping that my symptoms would start to calm down, but I feel worse than ever :0(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.