desparation

Posted , 13 users are following.

I think i am loosing my mind to menopause! I have been so tearful today, depressed and cannot function! is HRT the answer when desparate!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have read all the replies to you and what I am hearing is exactly how I was feeling and it sound exactly how you are feeling right now.  I take AD, anxiety med, high blood pressure meds, and HRT.  I believe those who are able to make the choice in taking medications or herbal supplements do not feel like you and I, I will repeat I did not question the prescribed medications AD, anxiety, HRT when I was not functioning, I opened my mouth and swallowed them, if there was the smallest chance they would give me back my life, give my husband and family back their wife and mother it was worth ANY and ALL risks those medications may have.  So kudos to all the ladies who where able to forge ahead without the HRT, AD's etc... consider yourself fortunate and blessed.  But keepsmiling15 isn't smiling now and is not functioning so my advice is as is the lady "meno" said take the medicines, if you were a diabetic you would require insulin, if you had high blood pressure you would require medication, etc... some people have been able to manage both without medication, diet,excerise, however, they are not severe in their illness.  You are severe with hormonal changes, inbalance that is affecting you to not live your life, you cannot worry about what if's... you have to take care of what is now.  Later will come and you will make an informed decision then because you will be capable of it, you will have a clearer mind and be in control of your emotions.  God Bless You and get back to smiling!  xo Loretta
  • Posted

Hi, I get this way every month. When my period is late it is so much worse. I try my best to not give in to sugary and fatty cravings because when I do I get really down in the dumps. If I remain on a healthy diet and force myself to walk every day then my mood does not get as bad. Sometimes it is so hard though. Some days I dont want to get out of bed or even take a shower. I too cry at the drop of a hat and sleep is impossible from the night sweats. Woke up this morning with my top soaked. It is horrible. I guess all we can do is deal with it. Uggh!
    • Posted

Hi Kimberly, hang in there ...Are you taking any medication to help you through the worst of it. ..Might be a good time to sit your GP down and workout what helps you through the whole menopause nightmares... Stay chatting with us ladies on the forums here to keep your spirits up and maybe see if what others are experiencing and taking to help them through, could give you the help you need ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.