Desperate

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am 39 years old female. I came here because I feel so lonely and desperate because of all what I am going through.

In August 2014 I was tested for H.Pylori and it came positive. I had my treatment for this and after three weeks I was tested again and I was all clear no more pylori. However I have not been the same since then, I dont have sharp pain but I do keep burping a lot and this burning feeling in my stomach is terrible.

I went back to the doctor and they asked me to have an endoscopy done which I am waiting for the appointment to do it, in the mean time I have been taking Omeprazol. The doc suspects I may have an ulcer and all I do is worry, some days I am fine but then next minute Im so ill.

I am not the same I feel really down I have read a lot about ulcers what can I eat what cannot eat, I have followed all the rules and still not well. I thought ulcer heals around 4 to 8 weeks, well if that is true how comes I have been this bad for such a long time, it has been now 6 months. Can someone please help me and tell me if this is normal when you have an ulcer? is it possible that an ulcer could take this long to heal? Please, please I am so desperate, when you talk to doctors and ask all questions it is almost like they dont have time to explain to you properly about things.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sorry to hear you feel so rotten,it could be that you also have an Hiatus Hernia which would make you feel like you do.normally 6 weeks of omeprozole should clear the ulcer but when you have the endoscopy that should sort out exactly what the problem is,try not to worry,anxiety doesn,t help what ever the problem is.
  • Posted

My daughter was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and h.pylori. Andominal pain and nausea eventually became debillitating. A different doctor did additional tests  for protozoans and discovered she did NOT have UC or h.pylori..she had Giardia all along.  Meds given for Ulcerative Colitis made the Giardia flourish.  Giardia parasites are stealth and often missed.  After two weeks of antibiotic (specific for Girdiasis infection) my daughter was healthy again and pain free.   Protozoan infections are on the rise and symptoms can mimmic UC and Crohns. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Natalie, I am really hoping that you read this. I have recently been diagnised with giardia after months of symptoms. Which antibiotics got rid of the infection? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.