Desperate: Anal fissure- BOTOX treatment

Posted , 15 users are following.

Good Afternoon everyone,

I know there are a few posts about this topic already and believe me, I have read all of them. Most dating from 2010. Anyways, a little about me. The week my daughter was born, I had a large BM (I was taking blood pressure meds and Percocet from a c-section), both very constipating. I had no idea that I was supposed to take stool softeners after delivering or anything. Anyways I ripped really bad. I have had some terrible experiences. A few times I went for a jog and my rectum spasmed and I reopened. Another time I decided to only eat soup, there was corn kernels in it- I ripped tremendously from the corn kernels!! If I don't poop liquid, I reopen. Anyways, Insurance was giving me a very tough time until I finally got to see a colorectal surgeon after six months of extremely bad rectal pain! I scheduled my BOTOX injection as soon as I could, which was today. I am in extreme pain! Most of the posts from this forum people say they were pain free?!

Please please tell me about your experiences. Any information about Botox or LIS or self healed would be extremely appreciated.

Thank You!

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey everyone! It is me again (the original poster for this tread)

I had the Botox done in April 2017. Tremendous tremendous pain for weeks following the botox. Then in May 2017, I had the LIS and again same thing. The botox never did anything for me, actually the pain was completely still there. I had only one incontinence episode. After the LIS, omg. Tremendous pain for the three weeks to follow. I would cry in the bathroom for hours and hours. At one point I could only poop if it was in a sitz bath. OMG and I would cry and cry. So I am over 9 months post LIS and I got to say, I am not healed. I was never healed. I have been taking Laxatives for the past 15 months (Since my daughter was born) I try to ween off but the fissure comes right back. I thought I might give you guys an update (because personally I love seeing when people come back and update us on their journey. The fissure is still here, although taking laxatives for like a week or so, I am pain free (Because diarrhea wouldn't cause any pressure on the area, so it would allow it to heal) until I get off of the lax and I have a Bowel movement, even the thickness of like.. a pinky finger, would cause the fissure to open back up. TMI but even a corn kernnel... so.. I don't know what to tell you guys. I hear a lot of success in people's journey's but unfortunately not in mine.

• Posted

Thx for ur post i have a AF after the birth of 1st baby, i never really thought the natural birth i had made this problem but i guess now on things i read that this is most likely. Is that when yours started?
    • Posted

No worries, Jodie. I had a c-section and was taking a bunch of meds for high blood pressure plus percoset and stuff and my fissure came about a week after. I think for your case having a natural birth would also cause the fissure from all the pressure and stuff.
    • Posted

Ask your doctor for B&O suppositories.  I documented my issues in a previous post. Since 1993, I have had spasms so bad I was treated with morphine. 25 years of constant pain, highlighted by severe episodes that required hospital treatment. 

Please try them. 

• Posted

I just read ur original post again so it answers my question thx i get confused reading all the stories lol

• Posted

I had my botox shot 7 days ago. Ive been in bad pain after every bowel movement. Having bowel movements 2-3 times a day, i feek my fizzure cant heal properly. The worst is I get a burning sensation after every one for an hour or 2. Besides a sitz bath, any ideas what i could use to relieve some pain. Thanks
  • Posted

I had my botox shot 7 days ago. Ive been in bad pain after every bowel movement. Having bowel movements 2-3 times a day, i feel my fizzure cant heal properly. The worst is I get a burning sensation after every one for an hour or 2. Besides a sitz bath, any ideas what i could use to relieve some pain. Thanks
  • Posted

Thank you to all of you sharing information! I had my Botox injection 8 weeks ago, and it is difficult to find both medical personnel and others who have experience with a.fissures, to discuss with (I'm from Norway, and apparently health services in Norway lack both experience and interest for fissures, most of them tell me my pain is from  hemoroides..) I've been in terrible pains since the Botox, the pain got worse after the injection. My doctor thinks this is due to him giving me to much Botox. I can feel the fissure, but also a kind of "pressure" and burning.  The pain is worst after Bm, but also there on days with no Bm. Anyone who had to take several injections for the fissure to heal? My doctor also told me that it takes a few days before the Botox works, and that it is at its "peak" 6-8 weeks after the injection. After 8 weeks the effect slowly decreases. 

• Posted

Get the Belladonna and opium suppositories if you want pain relief. 
    • Posted

Thank you Ken47595, it seems like this is not available in Norway, but I will ask my doctor on my next consultation. 
    • Posted

I couldn't even fathom the thought of a suppository with that amount of pain.

• Posted

PLEASE believe me. 

My “entry” was so tight, A five foot female doctor could not put her pinky in. I was administered morphine, which provided temporary relief. I understand you concern with the suppositories, and there is some discomfort. I put them in upside down, so they are basically sucked up. The relief I feel after 25 years is amazing 

• Posted

Ketobemadone may work. It is marketed in Norway.

Just to clarify, my condition is essentially a permenantly tight “entry”. When it goes into spasm, the pain is unreal.

One of the offshoots is constant tearing, (fissures) which as you know, are painful.  I found the suppositories bring a relief I have never had in the 25 years of this issue. Part of my issue is that I have no large intestine, removed due to collititis. My bowel movements were frequent, which made it worse.

Since taking these suppositories, I have reduced movements to twice a day, unheard of. 

This has literally given me a life I haven’t had in a long time.

All the best.

Ken

• Posted

Oh Ken, that is so amazing to hear that you are feeling better! You are right, any relief - great or small- we should be grateful for.
    • Posted

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since i had botox shot. My first 7 days i was in so much pain, especially after my bm. Very similar to you. Pressure, burning and stabbing. After the 7 days tho, the pain had gone away a good amount. I usually get a flare up here and there, and its usually when i use the bathroom more than once. Ive changed my diet up. Also i take stool softeners. On my good days, i might get a little discomfort here and there throughout day, but its minor. They do take 6-8 wks to heal. I keep telling myself another month and hopefully it will be gone. HOPEFULLY. I do take a sitz bath which tends to help a little
    • Posted

Joe! That is awesome for you! I am glad you are feeling some relief from the Botox. I read a lot of comments throughout the months, and it definitely effects people differently. For me it did nothing, for some they say they have "immediate relief" and for others unfortunately they become incontinent. I am so glad it is working well for you thus far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.