Desperately in need of help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello I'm new here,

This is my second bout with prostatitis.iam currently on Bactrim for 1 month I'm just 5 days in with little improvement. I have taken cirpo for a month it didn't work so my urologist switched me to bactrim. I don't have pain with ejaculation, only pain with laying on my stomach.

I also have pain in my hip around the joint I'm thinking its muscle dysfunction that's causing my conduction because my doctor said my urine was clean. My lower back also hurts extremely bad I just need to know what's going on it is causing me so much trouble and dropping me into depression.

The pain goes down my butt ain't radiates to my right testicle and then starts to hurt them both.i was completely fine until I ejactlated but it didn't hurt.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm still not sure what it is I will continue to take the Bactrim And anti inflammatory until the end of the month, my unrine stream takes forever to start and when it does only a small amount comes out.

It's very frustrating

• Posted

Had the same problem before the Urolift.  Did not like the pills and the side effects of them  Was on 2 different types.  Thats way the doctor ask if I would like the urolift.  I feel much better It starts when it suppose it.  Don't have to wait for it to start and it would take forever.  Ask your doctor and look it up on the internet.  Take care  Ken  PS.  You may be getting the infection because the pee is backing up because your not empting your bladder.  That is what was happing to me.  Had 5 infections last year and 1 this year.  One last year was so bad that I had sipsis was on IV's for 20 days to get it out of my blood  
    • Posted

I'm a bit too young for that as I'm only 25 but this is only my third time getting prostitais, I feel a little better just not sure if I'm emptying my bladder
    • Posted

Yes 25 is to young for any problem. I been having mine for over 10 years. Have you had a scope done maybe you have a stricture I have one that I did not know I have.  Got it from kidney surgery. Had that done when I was 45.  After that I staryed geting infection and was not peeing good.  Over the years it got worst.  I know a scope is a step you may not like I did not care to have that camera put into me but I trust my doctor.  I know this may me a little forward but with alot of pills the side effect get worse.  Your only 25  don't know if your married yet but you may what kids one day and sex can be a thing of the past if it gets worse.  I'm 59 and been divorced for 13 years.  Don't have sex much now but still would like to have fun anyway I can.  Talk to your doctor and see what is going on..PS.  Don't let them touch your prostate you need that at your age.  Take care  I hope you fined what going on with you  Ken     
    • Posted

Thanks ken I won't let them touch my prostate but I do need to know what's wrong right now my symptoms are at bay but I still feel a little discomfort around my hip joint area that makes my right testicle feel weird.

And with urinating i don't feel the need to urinate I've been making myself go being scared my body is not letting me know.

• Posted

John I will look into it for you on the internet and when I go see by doctor I will ask him.  I hated doing that standing there and it would take so long to go.  Do you ride a bike or have you fel at any time.  I know when I get a infection in my bladder I have pain all in that area. Hip bladder kidney groin and it would hurt to sit.  Have not had any infection since the first of the year no more groin pain.  It was bad felt like someone was pulling out by left nut.  I think your blocked somewhere.  Please have it checked. Your young and have your whole life ahead of you.  The urologist would have to do a scope don't know if you had one but it were they put a camera in you urethra.  They put a gel in to numb it some.  It's a little uncomfortable put doabull  I had it don twice.    Talk later  Ken
    • Posted

I don't think it's blockage because i would have full retention if so, I will ask my doctor next month and make sure he talks with me and don't rush me out the door, I don't want to be started on alpha blockers this early
    • Posted

John I did not know I had a stricture until last year.  The why I was peeing I trought was my age.  When they try to catheter last year in the hospital 3 time never got it in the bladder.  It was caused by kidney stone surgery.  Just talk to the doctor.  Your to young to be put on any of the pills to relax the bladder and other stuff. you don't need to go through dry orgasms or any other ED problems.  make sure you read up on anything he give you ken 
    • Posted

Thanks ken I will a update

All my symptoms are gone except the frequent urination which has become very annoying and making depressed. My girl is coming to visit me soon I just hope my condition doesn't interfere with sex my erection is fine just the constant urination is bothering me

• Posted

I'm very happy for you.  I don't know if you have tryed not drinking alot but it's worth a try.  It may help or I don't know if you can hold it a little while  Have fun with your girlfriend and enjoy yourself and don;t worry about it if you can  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.