DESPERATELY NEEDING ADVICE ON BLADDER PROLAPSE

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi. I am DESPERATE!  I need advice on pros & cons of treatments to manage a female bladder prolapse, preferably without surgery. I have been considering a Pessary Ring but would like to hear from other users about their experiences. 

Can you feel it after it has been fitted?

Has anyone ever accidentally pushed one out?

If so, under what circumstances?

Does anyone have experience of long term use?

Has anyone had any adverse reactions?

Has anyone had any treatment abroad?

Has anyone had any experience of Kegel8 pelvic muscle exercisers?

Does anyone out there have an alternative solution?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My bladder prolapse was stage 5, which is the worst. I had tried the pessary. Took several tries to get the right fit. It did make the back pain I was having go away. But I didn't like the thought of something like that. It didn't fall out, but you really have to try several to get the right fit. It wasn't for me, but surgery is a big deal too. I think it's good to try, if you don't like it, then you know surgergy for you or not. I used one for two months, then I left it out a month before my surgery, I thought it would be better for me to let things calm down there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.