Details of my appointment yesterday

Posted , 5 users are following.

So yesterday I went back to dr. I'm 6mos post Tkr. Read nybearlier discussion. So the dr took 25cc of fluid out of my knee. Was red in color. He's gonna test it for Chrystals or calcification. I did get relief. I have to take it ez force couple of days so I'm resting elevating. It definitely feels better. Today. Sore and a bit stiff but no "episodes" of swelling so fingers crossed. The hope is the swelling diminishes. I'll write back and keep u posted once I get results from lab. Hanging in there!!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok. So thought I would update everyone. The fluid came back normal. They will hold onto it and do cultures for other things like Lyme. So I'm back to swelling everyday again. I did go from walker to cane over the weekend but I just had a blowout and it's so bad I needed the walker. Also and you guys tell me if u ever heard of this I have a bruise on the right side that I had when I went to dr almost two weeks ago. Now I know I had hit it so I figured that's what it was. Well it's gone away and come back now twice. Anyone ever have that. Was going away again yesterday and today it's back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. This blowout is the worst one since the drain.

• Posted

Jeanie, sorry to hear this.  I'm glad the fluid was normal though.  I can't begin to imagine what's happening there, but if it were me I'd be asking the hospital because it doesn't sound trivial for you to need the walker again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.