Detoxing, Methadone and Britlofex (Lofexidine)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I dont know if anybody can help.

I am 25 and was addicted to herion/ crack (speedballing) for around 7/8 years. in the last 2 years I began to take pre-gabs from a friend, morphine and other medicines inc diazipam, zopiclone.

After my sons dad was sent to prison yet again. I decided to uproot and move back to London to be near family. My son is staying with my mum and that is really hard. I am on Mirtazipine for the depression and 40ml of methadone. I decided enough was enough. there was too much abuse in the relationship (drug abuse and domestic/psyc) So when he was sent to prison yet again I decided i was going to leave. I have tried before and succeeded in getting clean for short periods but nevery really off the methadone... I also always went back when he was released.

I want to know what my options are when trying to get off of the methadone... I have heard of britlofex and would really like some information if anybody can help. do they work..? do they really help the withdrawal symtoms,,,? and how do you take them, I heard you take 1 one day , 2 on day two and 3 the next etc... then reduce again?

I have heard good and bad things about them and have looked online but its all wikipedia etc. I would like to hear from real people. I know everybody is different but i would just like to hear others' views.

Sorry for spelling/ grammer mistake, i have to be quick.

Thank you and I hope somebody writes back :-)  

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey there jade...my name's mick and im a long term user from north of the border..been round the block so all i can do is offer my experience with all that world...im not into chat rooms really,i was just looking for some info myself,read your post and thought...oh sugar,sounds like me!...scarey stuff eh lookin for a way out...feel for u pal...im i right in thinkin you want off meth and your considering lofexidine?...if you can messge back i can tell my exp...either way hope ur okay today jade...take it easy and keep the faith[in somethin..anything not gear]..faith youll find a way out...
    • Posted

Hi Mick, I sent you a private message,,,, didnt know which you would perfer because you mentioned not liking the chat rooms,,,, this a little chat roomy as everyone can see it. hope to hear from you soon x
  • Posted

Everyone is here to help you Jade and as Tess said, you sound like you've just had enough of all of the sh*te & said enough is enough. I believe you have to be in that position in your head or else you will just keep on relapsing. You have to be ready.

I was addicted to Oxycontin for nearly 7yrs and have only been on methadone since March. I still crave the Oxy but try to think about something else to take my mind off it.

I was prescribed 800mg's per day by my then GP who eventually refused to see me as I was at times taking upto 1500mgs per day

You're doing everything by the sounds of it to get there & it sounds to me like you will.

Please do call "Release" they really do know their stuff & I cannot thank them enough.

Let us know how it goes. Stay strong & take care Jade. You can do this!!!

Ritchie xx

• Posted

Hi jade I've just come out of a 20+ year habit it's been a nightmare I was on 200ml meth & snowballing on top I reduced myself down to 5ml meth & clonidine over 1yr and went onto lofex

I'm now 10wks 6days clean and I've been taking 100mg pregab 4 times daily and now I can't get off the damn things and I didn't get them off the doc either, the lofex helped a lot but you have to want it because 10 wks on I still have chills & anxiety like you wouldn't believe

My last dose of meth was the 7th March

I started on

2 lofex day one

2 lofex day two

3 lofex day three

4 day five, six, seven

3 day eight

3 day nine

2 day ten

2 day eleven

1 on day 12 last day

If you do it make sure your prepared to withdraw because it's not easy I can't lie to you and say it is it's not I found it easier coming off gear meth is a bitch to kick but I was on a huge dose with gear crack benzos and Coke on top

Ask your doc for some diazapam, quinine for rls it helps a lot, naproxen and vitamins and Epsom salts if you can get them

If you need to talk I'm here and I hope you can do it but paws are a nightmare 10wks later I'm still having to take quinine naproxen and pregab off the record x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply it has helped loads, I have alwasy found meth a little easier rattle just lasting longer. The gear rattle was too much for me and benzo just unbearable, I am just on meth not and I am stable on 40ml, going to look into a reduction sooner rather then later but will take as long as I need.  I dont want to rush like I always have in the past. 

I know im prepared to withdraw which has always made it easier in the past, if it was justan everyday withdrawal because i was skint, thats always goingto be worse. 

How are you feeling now?? did the lofex help alot... a little... my anxiety is getting to me at the moment and i think being so far away from my son doesnt help,,, although in some ways it helps because I know im doing it for him... only badside is again, i want to rush...

You sound like you are doing so well.. I love hearing stories like yours because it makes me realise it can be done.. abit like everybody that has replied. I really wasnt excpecting the response I had and it has been really eyeopening and nice to thing there are people that will take the time to reply... 

Many Thanks, Hope to hear from you soon. Jade x

• Posted

I'm 12wks clean and I still feel crappy lol still got chills rls and anxiety

Having said that I feel very positive that I'm through the worst I've had sh*t put in my body for 23yrs so it's bound to take its toll on my body I hate the chills they drive me crazy as they are constant.

I wish you well, your on the right road but please take it slow and at your own pace don't let anyone tell you how to do it or how fast to go that's what made it worse for me I felt pressured to do it good luck.

Lisa xx

• Posted

Hi jade, I had same problem with crack and heroine, was on60ml meth.went down 2ml every5 days till I got to 10ml. When I got to 10 they gave me lofexadine ,Valium and sleeping tablets. I'm on 6ml now since 10 I'm going down 2 a day so its like a 5day detox. The loved is helping I haven't taken the valid or sleep tab yet as think will and when on 0 method.will let u know in few days if it has worked and if I think a similar plan can help u

• Posted

I'm 12wks since my lofexidine detox and still I have anxiety rls & chills I hope it goes better for you let me know how you feel when the lofex stops good luck Lisa
  • Posted

Hi Jade!

I was quite like you a long time ago, I was on heroin and ended up with a stabilised dose of 160ml I stayed on that for about a year or more, I"m not too sure of exacts as this was 12 years ago! I started reducing 5ml every couple of weeks and kept this up right down till about 10 ml, what a difference that was drinking 10ml in the chemist rather than a full 160ml, bleugh that green sticky taste will stay with me forever!

Mine was prescribed by my gp, by the time.I had got down to around 60ml my whole head space had changed which it sounds to me like yours has,this faffing around wasn't for me anymore I was 23 and wasting my life away being controlled by something and I had enough! At this point I knew I had to completely change my life, my 'friends' I say that term losely couldn't be in my life anymore, I knew that to kick it all for good I had to be in the right place in my life and my head. After being on my 10ml for a while my doctor gave me my script home with me rather than chemist pick ups and every few days I just cut myself down a couple of ml, until one day I took none! I still had loads left as I hadn't been taking the 10ml I was meant to. I will never forget when I went back to my doc for my 3 weekly appt and actually handed her back a bottle full of methadone!!! I can honestly say I had no withdrawal symptoms at all by doing it at my own pace rather than how I was told I had to do it, I am 100% sure this was down to me being in the right place in my life and I knew enough was enough!

I missed out on so so much whilst using heroin and methodone and I knew it had to stop, practically everyone I knew was dropping dead around me and I wasn't going to be that next statistic! 2 months later I even had the confidence to go job hunting and got the first job I was interviewed for, I got my life back and it was so so worth it, I finally got to live again smile I know you haven't posted for a few weeks but I'm always happy to chat if you want to, your post just jumped out at me as what my life used to be like. I really wish you lots of luck and determination with this, you'll never regret it xx

• Posted

Hi Jade!

I was quite like you a long time ago, I was on heroin and ended up with a stabilised dose of 160ml I stayed on that for about a year or more, I"m not too sure of exacts as this was 12 years ago! I started reducing 5ml every couple of weeks and kept this up right down till about 10 ml, what a difference that was drinking 10ml in the chemist rather than a full 160ml, bleugh that green sticky taste will stay with me forever!

Mine was prescribed by my gp, by the time.I had got down to around 60ml my whole head space had changed which it sounds to me like yours has,this faffing around wasn't for me anymore I was 23 and wasting my life away being controlled by something and I had enough! At this point I knew I had to completely change my life, my 'friends' I say that term losely couldn't be in my life anymore, I knew that to kick it all for good I had to be in the right place in my life and my head. After being on my 10ml for a while my doctor gave me my script home with me rather than chemist pick ups and every few days I just cut myself down a couple of ml, until one day I took none! I still had loads left as I hadn't been taking the 10ml I was meant to. I will never forget when I went back to my doc for my 3 weekly appt and actually handed her back a bottle full of methadone!!! I can honestly say I had no withdrawal symptoms at all by doing it at my own pace rather than how I was told I had to do it, I am 100% sure this was down to me being in the right place in my life and I knew enough was enough!

I missed out on so so much whilst using heroin and methodone and I knew it had to stop, practically everyone I knew was dropping dead around me and I wasn't going to be that next statistic! 2 months later I even had the confidence to go job hunting and got the first job I was interviewed for, I got my life back and it was so so worth it, I finally got to live again smile I know you haven't posted for a few weeks but I'm always happy to chat if you want to, your post just jumped out at me as what my life used to be like. I really wish you lots of luck and determination with this, you'll never regret it xx

• Posted

Hi Jade!

• Posted

Hi Jade!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.