Devil's Claw

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone taken Devil's Claw and found it to work for osteoarthritis and joint  pain and stiffness! I modified diet and trying desperately to lose weight and taking Vitamin and limbrel pain is still bad! Started Devil's Claw  yesterday and have notice less soarness but pain will it take a while for this to be effective? Any suggestions or comments would be helpful!

0 likes, 84 replies

84 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why not try Devil's Claw ointment - it works for some, and no side effects.

• Posted

Another thing that is excellent for inflammatory pain is ginger.  The fresh root not powder or stem ginger.  Grate it and mix it with hand cream and rub into affected joints, or grate it, soak in boiling water and add a little lemon, and sugar if wanted, and drink like tea.  You can buy ginger tea too, sometimes flavoured with other things.  All good.
    • Posted

Thanks I tried the ginger root a cousin recommended chewing on it but it is too hot! But I both tea and I mix it with lemon. Thanks again.
    • Posted

I had not heard of rubbing it in, I do grate it and make a tea from it.

A friend in America rubs peanut oil into his joints with good effect.

• Posted

oh yes, raw ginger is almost as bad as chillies smile I dont particularly like the flavour of ginger, eg the tea, so I make a paste to rub onto my thumbs, takes a couple of hours but really takes the inflammation down.  Better than swallowing lots of toxic painkillers etc.  Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks I will try the rubbing it on aching joints!
    • Posted

not heard of using peanut oil before, guess its worth a try - I use groundnut oil sometimes in cooking so always have some lurking around.  I'll try anything once as long as it's not toxic or too expensive.

• Posted

It seems to be a an American thing as peanut oil is used more there. My friends family having been using it for fifty years down the generations.
  • Posted

Does anyone take gelatin for their joints?

This is a link to a conversation about it.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/gelatin-for-osteoarthritis-pain--563983

• Posted

I tried it after hearing about it on here, unfortunately didnt do anything for me but others say it really helped - horses for courses I guess.
    • Posted

The dose to take seemed very high.
    • Posted

I take glucosamine, which has been shown to have a positive effect on maintaining cartilage.  I take 1000 mg twice a day and have done so for many years.  I don't think it directly helps pain, indirectly it does by maintaining joint health.  Have had diagnosis of OA for about thirty years, but think I had some earlier than that, and have taken glucosamine most of that time.  Also avoided any painkillers for arthritis.  Aspirin, for example, can interfere with cartilage regeneration.

• Posted

As I said to someone in an earlier post glucosamine gave my wife and I heartburn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.