Dexa scan results

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. Anyone who's had a dexa scan have the results gone back to your gp the same day??

Im so worried that's something's wrong as I was told a week to 2 weeks for results

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kerry. My results arrived the next day. Hope all is ok. 
  • Posted

i was given mine at the time of the scan as they are immediate. They simply printed them out for me. So, I do not understand the delay. 

They have just allowed that time to post to your doctor. 

• Posted

I am in the UK.  Have had 6 DEXA scans and each time was told allow 14 days to get to GP.  Quite often it did take that long before my GP phoned me.  The technicians who take the scans are not trained Radiographers and are not trained to interpret the results.  Once I talked the technician into give it to me but she did say, they would have to be confirmed.

I would not worry as any treatment or change happens very long term and a wait of a couple of weeks will not make any difference to anything.

Good luck

• Posted

Mine were back next morning, I think they say a week so no ones under pressure, my Dr called me in to explain the results, my levels are pretty low and my vit D levels as low as they could go but up to normal now after masses doses of it and now on daily dose to keep it on target.

Another dexa scan after Christmas

• Posted

HI kerry. I have had 2 and I was given the results immediately. It varies so much, I think anything is “normal”
  • Posted

Hi Kerry.  I always have to wait 4 weeks for the results of my Dexa Scan, but as libsan says your bone density is not going to change over the few weeks whilst you are waiting for receipt of the results by your GP.
  • Posted

Hi

I know your post was a while ago now, how long did you wait for results? Had mine 2 weeks ago and dr said 2 weeks but hosp said 6 sad

• Posted

Hi Elaine I had mine back within 2 weeks but can take much longer depending on how busy they are.

Please don't worry about it worse case scenario you will be offered meds, was their a particular reason for having to have it done

• Posted

I was so angry about mine. They told me they would let me know in a few days my results from my dexa scan. Instead it took just over a month to get mine! I was diagnosed with Osteopenia. Just hang in there. Sorry about the suspense. I was sounding just like you. Take care!
    • Posted

They can hand it to you on the day. I get a print out of mine at the time then later can discuss with my doctor.
  • Posted

Finally mine are back. Doc wants to see me tomorrow. Should i worry?
    • Posted

Hi Elaine. Been very busy so only just saw your post. How did you get on with the Dr?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.