Dexa scan results

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. Anyone who's had a dexa scan have the results gone back to your gp the same day??

Im so worried that's something's wrong as I was told a week to 2 weeks for results

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mine took over two weeks, try not to worry, but I know how you feel, 😁

• Posted

I see your original post was over 6 months ago, what was your eventual out come?

From your many replies we see there is a wide variation in efficiency regarding the standard of care our NHS achieves.  Unfortunately the demand on services and our expectations grows daily, while resources simply get too stretched and crumble away.  The NHS can be first class for acute conditions, once you get in the system,  but unfortunately conditions like OP are towards the back of the long line of none urgent, chronic conditions, in many areas, including my neck of the woods.

Thank goodness for OP Forums!

• Posted

i just got my results after 5 weeks this is crazy.Severe osteprosis ( really 5 weeks layer they tell me this?

• Posted

HI Darlene I understand your anger and frustration at this unreasonable delay.

Were you expecting a confirmation of OP?In my case I was, after breaking both wrists, although it still came as a shock. I didn't see a previous posting from you, so don't know your OP circumstances.

While you were waiting for the result to come back, did you consider your probable options, after reading Forum information?That's the hard part, deciding what treatment/ supplements to take. Have you had any blood tests done yet like vit D and parathyroid test?

My GP refused to request any tests and at that time I hadn't found the NOS and NOF Forums, so I was really at a disadvantage.

At least you will be in a better position knowledge wise and more able to get what you want.

GOOD LUCK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.