Diabetic blood check/chiropodist

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am type 2 Diabetic, but never 100% as to when you doctors surgery would require you to have routine fasting diabetic blood test or as to how often you should see a chiropodist.

last blood test was May 2013 & the chiropodist was 6 months ago, I only managed to see the chiropodist after asking my doctor for a referral otherwise I would never have seen the chiropodist.

I must add that Feb 2014 I had major surgery to the left ankle to save the foot due to poor circulation.

Any feedback would be much appreciated and would like to take this time to say thx

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi mark,i have no idea ,the only thing i can tell you is, when my eyes started to water years ago, i went to my gp,and all they did was write me a prescriptsion for some ointment i had to apply every so often,that went on for a while,and eventually my eyes got worse,so then they gave me drops to put in ,i tried them for a while,didnt seen to be getting any better,when i went back to see my GP he was ready to give me some other kind of drops,i told him i dont want any more drops or ointment i would like you to see a specilist for my eyes ,as i wanted them fixed once and for all,so he did refer me ,and that is why i finishrd up having surgery,but unfortunatly it didnt work,they asked me to go back,but i refused, as i forgot to mention they did have me back in hospital, for a second operation,and that didnt work either,it was the last time they asked to go back,i refused,as i felt we were just spinning our wheels,and i was freightened they would make them worse
    • Posted

Thanks jim48819

I hope that you are feeling better in yourself. As I am Dealing with the opposite. Even when I peel onions, I can't remember when a tear drop runs down my cheek. I feel them filling but that is it, still no tears.

thought id ask, thanks anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.