diagnosed in Apr this year

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello was diagnosed with LS in Apr. It came as a shock that there is no cure and could turn cancerous. The worrying thing about it is that doctors know very little about it.I Have been using the 1% hydrocortisone cream but it's seemed to be having little effect. The flare ups were everyday and thickening of the skin was beginning to occur.I was getting stessed out most days so visited a local Herbalist. She is treating two other women with the condition. She prescribed Zinc , Probiotics (for most of my twenties i spent on antibiotics due to recurring kidney infections, this we now know destroys good bacteria in the gut ), Vitamin C and fish oil.It has been 3 weeks now and the itching has virtually stopped and thickening of the skin is reducing. I feel normal again.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just been trying to organise something with a whole load of tricky characters and got very stressed - had small flare which reminded me to add that many people have said that stress does that. It's the first time it's happened to me (or it could have been the glass of wine I had to relax when it was all done). just thought I should add that to the mix. Again a tricky one to avoid at this time of year!

I've developed a 'whatever' attitude now, and learned to let things wash over me. Stuff gets sorted somehow in the end whether I get stressed about it or not. Much nicer way to live, I used to be very stressy, although my hormonal teenager can reliably cause my blood pressure to rise!

Limited coffee, sugar, wine, It's lucky I like really dark chocolate. *Good news* I find that doesn't trigger a flare in me, so I've got something left to indulge in for a treat!

I'm going to start a new thread about flare free seasonal treats now...

Merry Christmas everybody!

• Posted

Great idea, especially for the holidays.  Great idea for the rest of the year as well - to be able to enjoy life 'in balance' (to be able to sip 1/2 glass of champagne or favorite wine plus a lot of water before and after, for example + not feeling 'deprived') while beind mindful and accountable for our condition.  These days, when there is a flare up because of scratching, I tell myself it is a good reminder to take better care of myself.  Other people's examples to better self care will be a lot of fun to learn from, as well.  Happy holidays.  Stay sane and celebrate the health that we enjoy everybody!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.