Diagnosed with diverticulitis. 15 days ago Just started feeling pain again

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does it take longer for the lower abdominal pain to go away.  I was told that my CT scan showed a lot of stool in my colon.  I am going out of the country for 14 days (i had to postpone the first trip, but had travel insurance).  I am afraid that something might go wrong even tho my blood work and CT scan showed I was good.  Did anyone else have this problem?

Felt nauseous yesterday and today again but not all the time.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am too new to DD to answer, but I have been having a flare for 3 weeks.  I took a 7 day round of antibiotics and started feeling better.  Then a couple days later started feeling bad again.  Had a CT and was in a complete flare again so am now on 14 days of anti.  At least take a round of antibiotics with you. 
  • Posted

Have you tried taking a small amount of Metamucil daily, that may help.Good Luck

• Posted

I haven't, Emma.  I will be talking to my doc about it at my next appointment.  I did drink prune juice and it helped.  

• Posted

Take all your paperwork with you especially if you are going abroad. Your gp hopefully will advise you to be honest I don't know at what stage we should be taking antibiotics.  Good luck

• Posted

I have been at this for a year   I am just getting to grips with what to eat when to take antibiotics and so on.   I have found fybergel every morning and a probiotic tablet are helping me. I have started eating most things again but no nuts skins chocolate tomatoes are a no no don't eat anything with seeds no fizzy drinks. After all the not to eat I still have a good balanced diet I peel and deseed everything. As for antibiotics I was taking them every time I had a pain but my GP said I was only having flares not DD so I hang on know and ride it out   You can get a prescription for antibiotics and take it with you just incase you need them. I am in the U.K. I know it's different in the US.  I hope this helps you a little also not much red meat. I would love a burger but can't eat them 

• Posted

Susan, great info. Thank you.  Do you know why "no chocolate"?  😢  Lol

• Posted

It acts as a laxative for me so I don't eat it. It may be ok for you. It's trial and error. Good luck x

• Posted

Ok. Thank you.  I wasn't sure if it was one of the ones everyone needs to avoid.  Still learning. 

• Posted

Like you my Dr gives me antibiotic to take when we go to Florida January to March, each year, the antibiotics are milder than when I have a full flair up so I take them if I know one is starting. Like you no pop or tomatoes, which is maddeing as I have a huge crop this year

• Posted

I stopped growing tomatoes and strawberries and I love them. You can eat tomatoes if you skin and de seed them I know it's not perfect but better than nothing 

• Posted

Hi hope you are feeling better soon. I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago and have had about 3 flare ups. We are going to the States in October fir a holiday and my GP always gives me some antibiotics to take just in case of a flare up. This dies give you some reassurance especially in a strange country 
    • Posted

My GP does that for me   I always feel better knowing I have the antibiotics on hand 
  • Posted

We are going on a river cruise on the Danube and I want to be able to drink the wine

at the vineyards and on the boat.  You cannot drink on Flagyl or Cipro.   Does anyone else take any other antibiotics that you can drink with?  We booked this 1-1/2 year ago and I cancelled the first trip.  I really want to be able to drink.  I just have a little discomfort now.  I had this a few years ago and had the discomfort for a few months and was told not to worry about it.

• Posted

We are also going on a revier cruise through France's wine country. I have been feeling the pain develope for the past couple of days and hope I am better before we leave. Don't know of any other anti-biotics, and I have adked because the Flagyl really tears me up.

Good luck on the cruisr.

• Posted

I can't help you because I don't drink anyway.  But I would read the information about your medication and go with that 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.