Diagnosed with H Pylor. Lots of weird symptoms..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve been feeling like crap for the last year or so, and have been struggling to get answers. Regular doctors have dismissed me as either depressed and/or anxious/stressed because nothing was coming back via blood work and CT scans, but I refuse to accept that as my diagnoses as I know my body and know how I feel when I’m feeling those emotions, and this most certainly is not it. I finally saw a GI and got a colonoscopy and endoscopy, and the endoscopy confirmed that I have H. Pylori. My question is, how many symptoms can this bacteria cause? Are some people just more sensitive to it than others and more susceptible to feeling bad because of it? I know a lot of people don’t even know they had it until they get an ulcer because of it, but I feel terrible and can’t seem to find any other reasons as to why. No HIV, blood work always comes back in normal ranges, nothing on CT scans, colonoscopy came back fine. My symptoms are as follows (brace yourself):

Extreme fatigue. Dizziness. Random sweats. Constant noises in stomach with mild pain, especially at night and first thing in the morning. Nausea/loss of appetite/weight loss. Sore throat and white tongue. Constant burping. Extremely itchy skin. My face has always been oily, but it has gotten even more extreme. Digestion issues. Achy muscles. Twitching. The list goes on and on..

I’m at a loss here because I am completely miserable and have basically been diagnosing myself with cancer because I feel so bad, but I’m only 29. Please tell me that someone who has been diagnosed with this bacteria can relate to my symptoms sad

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.