Diagnosed with pmr at 48

Posted , 8 users are following.

i got diagnosed about 2 months ago and put on 20mg prednisolone which did help ease the pain. Two weeks ago I was dropped down to 15mg even thought I am still in pain and feel so ill and extremely tired all the time. I also have neck problems and bulging disc in my lower back. The constant aching and tiredness has affected my life so much. I'm trying to do day to day things and really struggling. I've always been active ( horse owner )but even getting washed and dressed leaves me exhausted . I'm off work as just can't physically do it and was wondering how other people cope and manage their life with pmr

thanks 

dawn

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dropping from 20 to 15 when you are still in pain is arbitrary.  Doctors do that, because they are used to being in charge of dosages.  Not so.  PMR is in charge.  Look at the DSNS post on this forum for additional advice, and also the sage counsel of those here.  They're more intimately involved with PMR than any doctor.

Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.