Diane52221

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi I am new to this site and feel I need to talk to other ladies who may have had similar experiences. I am 5 weeks post anterior and posterior prolapse  I still have slight discharge which makes me itchy and sore though I wonder if this is part of the healing process. I need to keep taking painkillers   I take two Senna at night and the next day (early evening) I know I need to open my bowels but it can hurt abit but sometimes I can be waiting an hour and a quarter for my bowels to be open I dearnt strain as scared of my stitches so have to wait  I find its what it all does to you mentally as well as the physical side. I am off work and miss driving and walking my dog, going to the gym and in the house a lot but can't clean up    My hubby works kids grown up and gave their life's   I just wondered if anyone else felt the same or having similar problems with any advice as you can feel isolated 

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Diane - i am also 5 weeks post a&p repair - i can understand totally where you are coming from - im at home for another 2 weeks - i was told to lose weight, but make sure to rest, no driving but its too too uncomfortable to walk and oh yes make sure bowels are working well!

I too still feel a bit itchy and sore but find smearing some Sudocrem on a pad is quite soothing - i think this is all part of the healing process - its been way more uncomfortable than I anticipated but I feel much better than this time last week and hope that the improvement continues.

Im missing work (never thought i would say that!) So i understand your feelings of isolation but this is a wonderful forum and im sure you will receive some great advice and reassurance you are not alone.

• Posted

Try a little water on a pad and freeze it. Great ice pack xx
    • Posted

great advice Doris will try that as ice packs bit difficult to hold down there. Thanks for sharing.Doesn't it stick through?
    • Posted

No. It works brilliant. I never went out though! 

I swear by coconut oil too. Organic, good stuff, just on the perenium x

• Posted

matron doesn't recommend anything, but I had such a hard scar in my perenium from difficulties from being cutting during childbirth that I want to avoid that again. So will give coconut oil a go. I have some bio oil to that I was going to try but don't think I can use it down there. Again thanks for sharing.
    • Posted

It worked for me. Doesn't work for everyone as we are all different but I'd never preach to anyone.

The end of the day coconut oil is natural. My baby boy smells delicious every day! X

• Posted

I read somewhere that you can have lazer therapy for hard scars. X
    • Posted

Now you tell me LOL. I am hoping the Urogyno cut it all away with this surgery and I just dont want the new wound to form a hard scar. So appreciate your advice on the coconut oil, my Urogyno suggested Vit e oil too, just on perineium/ vaginal entrance. I am feeling better today. 

• Posted

The only advice I can offer would be a good book and a big blanket hun.

We are all here if you ever need a chat, please don't feel alone.

I found laxido to help with the toilet too.

I don't know if you know the difference in fibre too. There is soluble and insoluble. Have a Google and see if you can change some food if needed xx

• Posted

HI Dianne, I know just what you mean about the isolation and your feelings must be worst than mine as I am only 12 days post op. It did get to me this week and today with the uncomfortable pulling of the stitches, the itching and the pain I just lost it and creid like a baby. My hubby understands a little and does what he can. But the rest of my family just don't see what a big thing this op is. My daughter still expects me to childmind my grandson after 3 weeks!! she sees me up & about and cant see any visible scars so cannot see why not? I also have a so called good friend who basically said he thought I was whinging and miling it for all it's worth- ex friend now. This forum has been a God send for me. I imigrated to Australia over 30 years ago and have moved around alot with my hubby work. When the kids were small I had friends , as I have grow older I find it even harder to make new friends so I too feel very isolated. Feel free to reach out to me and the ladies on this forum. They are fantastic and Matron has excellent knowledge. Hope you know we are there for you and that you don't need to feel so alone. I am told our hormones are all over the place and this can make us feel even more low. Keep smiling and I hope this helps. 
    • Posted

Hi I'm 10 weeks post op back to work yesterday and broke down in tears..it really is a shocker to the system ie the tiredness and very emontional..but give it time it gets easier I was given very little advice on coming home..but Matron as bin my saviour..she made everything better..very valuable advice..which is sometimes all you need that extra reassurance..it certainly messes with your head..take care look after no 1 xx
    • Posted

Sorry you had a bad day hun. I'm sure it will only get better x
    • Posted

Yes Matron is good isn't she.Think that is what we all need that little extra reassuarance that things are normal, we aren't over doing it and that we aren't being needy. It certainly does mess with our heads even more than our bodies. I will make sure you look after yourself too and thanks for sharing and support
  • Posted

Bless you. It is very hard to recover from surgery. Took me three weeks to get rid of the post anaesthetic groggy feeling. Another three weeks to feel more like myself.

Bowels got going with regular usage of Movicol three times a day to soften the stool and twice a week for a couple of weeks I took senna. All OK and don't need stool softners now.

I have had the itching etc because I used to put on too much sudocream etc which kept everything too moist down there and gave me thrush twice. I was off work for 13 weeks and have only gone back today. I developed ulcers around the vulva, vaginal entrance which is only just healing up now.

• Posted

Thanks for posting about the post anaesthetic groggy feeling and how long it took you to get over it. Could explain why i feel so naesous all the time.Only 13 days so should expect to feel less sick next week which will be great. Sorry to hear about the ulcers , never heard of those before. Hope you are mending nicely and thanks for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.