Diarrhea Mirtazapine

Posted , 15 users are following.

Ive been on Mirtazapine for 10 days... at first it was all fine. I wasnt tired, not zombieish and feeling good. For the past two days Ive sufferes serious diarrhea, joint and muscle pain and headache. Anyone else experience this? Does the diarrhea go away?

0 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was taking 105mg of Mirtazapine for over 2 years because of insomnia I suffer from a traumatic brain injury. I weighed 55 kilo's when I started the medication 2 years ago and now weigh 105 kilo's and have had 3 strokes in less than 3 months. For 2years I have had Diarrhea all day everyday of my life. I've had problems with balance from the brain injury but since I have been on Mirtazapine I cannot even walk up a flight of stairs because of severe vertigo. The sleep disorder clinic said it can cause weight gain. I spent hours studying the side effects of this drug online. It's supposed to be a sedative but I found out it can also cause insomnia which was the last thing I needed suffering insomnia from brain damage. I threw all the medication away and will never take it again. I lost 2 kilo's the first 2 days after I stopped the medication and am getting 2 hours deep sleep a night as upposed to none. I do grueling work outs at the gym but have done for 20 years and since I was on this medication my whole body has been in agonising pain all day everyday. I wasn't taking it for depression but was told that anti depressants can work better than sedatives for people with brain damage. All it did was cause intense insomnia. I took Zoloft when I was young for depression and it had no side effects. Mirtazapine is the most toxic pescription drug I have ever been on. I would seek help from your doctor and if you are able. Stop taking the medication now. Because wait until you hit the 2 year mark. The side effects are devastating.

• Posted

I was on mirtazapine at 15mg a nite for 3 weeks, i experienced pain and aching in my arms and legs and also had problems standing. I also experienced constipation from this medication and a constant high fever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.